Touch pad of hp probook 4530s not working properly

• Thread starter adnan jahan
  • Start date
In summary, the person is experiencing issues with their touchpad on their new hp probook 4530s. The touchpad works for basic functions but not for scrolling. They have tried reinstalling the driver but the issue persists. They are seeking help in resolving the issue and mention that the touchpad worked properly when they had Windows XP installed.
adnan jahan
Dear Fellow,

I have purchased new hp probook 4530s finding problem in its touchpad, it is working properly for off/on function, it is working properly for curser to move through the screen, but to scroll the page up and down is not working properly two yesterday I reinstalled window 7 home premium 64 bit in my system.

I installed synaptics driver for touchpad 15.3.25 but still same issue. in previous window it was working properly.

If I uninstall synaptic and let window to find compatible driver then on/off fuction is not working while scrolling/browsing works properly.

can anyone help me sorting out the issue what I need to b doing ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
adnan jahan said:
If I uninstall synaptic and let window to find compatible driver then on/off fuction is not working while scrolling/browsing works properly.

Ha, it's that just always how it works! Sorry hear your troubles! Given this information it certainly seems like a software problem. Have you called HP tech support yet?

before yesterday I was having window xp in my hp probook, at that time it was working perfectly but now strange behavior some time moves vertically some times horizontally and some times zooming start

1. Why is my touchpad not responding at all on my HP Probook 4530s?

There are a few possible reasons for this issue. The first thing to check is if the touchpad is enabled. On some HP Probook models, there is a button above the touchpad that can toggle the touchpad on and off. If this button is accidentally pressed, the touchpad will not respond. If this is not the issue, there may be a problem with the touchpad drivers. Try updating the drivers or reinstalling them to see if that resolves the issue.

2. The touchpad on my HP Probook 4530s is very slow. How can I fix this?

If the touchpad is slow to respond or the cursor is moving slowly, there are a few potential solutions. First, check the touchpad settings to see if the sensitivity is set too low. You can adjust this in the control panel or settings menu. If that doesn't help, try cleaning the touchpad with a soft cloth and make sure your fingers are clean and dry. If the issue persists, it could be a hardware problem and you may need to have the touchpad replaced.

3. The touchpad on my HP Probook 4530s is erratic and jumps around. How do I fix this?

Erratic touchpad behavior can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to fix it. First, make sure you are not accidentally touching the touchpad while typing. This can cause the cursor to jump around. If that is not the issue, try updating the touchpad drivers or adjusting the touchpad sensitivity. You can also try disabling any gesture controls that may be causing the erratic behavior.

4. How do I disable the touchpad on my HP Probook 4530s?

If you prefer to use a separate mouse or your touchpad is not working properly, you may want to disable the touchpad. To do this, go to the control panel or settings menu and look for the touchpad settings. From there, you should be able to find an option to disable the touchpad. If you cannot find this option, you may need to update your touchpad drivers.

5. Can I use a different type of mouse with my HP Probook 4530s if the touchpad is not working?

Yes, you can use a USB or wireless mouse with your HP Probook 4530s if the touchpad is not working properly. Simply plug in the mouse or connect it via Bluetooth and it should work automatically. You may need to adjust the mouse settings in the control panel or settings menu to make sure it works the way you want it to. If you do not have a spare mouse, you can also use the keyboard to navigate and control your computer until the touchpad is fixed.