Should Great Britain abolish its monarchy?

• News
  • Thread starter Shay10825
  • Start date
In summary: I really have to explain these?So when you hear Wales is part of England, you now know that it's not!In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of whether the monarchy in Great Britain should be abolished. Some people argue that it is a part of the country's history and should be kept as a figure-head, while others believe it is a waste of money and should be abolished. There are also differing opinions on the impact abolishing the monarchy would have on the government and society. Some argue that it would not make much of a difference, while others believe it would be a step towards a more just and equitable society. Additionally, there are discussions about the differences between England, Great Britain, the United Kingdom, and

Should the monarchy in Great Britain be abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters
Absolutely nothing; a vacuous false-title of antiquated good-for-nothingness. Why else would we be having the discussion of abolishing a monarchy? It's not like it would be a "revolution."

Would it?

For someone who knows very little about the UK you don't half have some opinions...

And YES it would be a revolution!

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow.. I think I am getting an insight about how annoying it must be for the Americans here having to listen to "foreigners" Rant about there political systems and there country..

What I mean by this is do we sound as ignorant when talking about your constitution and even basic Geography as you guys are sounding about the U.K. ?

No offence intended

I can't believe there is soo much confusion over this.

Nobody's even mentioned the Isle of Man which happens to have the oldest surviving parliament in the world and funnily enough, although situated in the Irish Sea between Ireland and Great Britain aren't part of the E.U.
btw Wales IS a country in it's own right.