VOTE Photo Contest - Bad Picture 2

In summary: I chose turbo's picture. It looks like a stupid twig messed up his focus on what might have been a rather good shot. It is the bad picture that was just a macroscopic event from being good.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Bad Picture 2

• neutrino

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • FredGarvin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Kurdt

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Ba

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • physarrista

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 0theSwerve0

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Moonbear

• matthyaouw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Alright. Do you vote for the best-looking bad picture, or the worst looking bad picture? You decide!

1. neutrino
529720394_8f7425aa1b.jpg

2. FredGarvin
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5832/buckinghampalace1hc9.jpg [Broken]

3. turbo-1
blurryduck.jpg

4. Kurdt
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/2998/smonumentto7.jpg [Broken]

5. Ba
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6715/pict0063es3.jpg [Broken]

6. ZapperZ
img6511ym8.jpg

7. physarrista
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v256/point-virgule/Alltag/IMG_1861.jpg [Broken]

8. 0TheSwerve0
IMG_4254copy.jpg

9. Moonbear
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5853/badphotowj4.jpg [Broken]

10. matthyaouw
bad.jpg

Contest thread.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So many good bad pictures I can't decide! I think I'll have to come back and choose later.

matthyaouw said:
So many good bad pictures I can't decide! I think I'll have to come back and choose later.

Coming from the north of England there is only one choice for you :wink:

I went for 0TheSwerve0's picture for its ghostly quality.

I chose turbo's picture. It looks like a stupid twig messed up his focus on what might have been a rather good shot. It is the bad picture that was just a macroscopic event from being good.

I chose physarrista's picture, at least partly because tongue rolling is an interesting subject.

Did you know you can have identical twins - one of which can roll their tongues while the other can't? While tongue rolling is definitely heredity linked, it's not all that clear what specifically turns on or off the ability to roll your tongue.

The tongure rolling myth

I think I'm going with Ba. That would have been a bad photo even if it was in focus. :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:
img6511ym8.jpg

Isn't that a scene from the movie ET, or the series, Taken? :biggrin:

Gotta go with Zapper for the Spielbergest quality of the shot.

Last edited:
Zz's is just too funny, an awe inspired crowd looking into a moment of sheer Disney ecstacy.

Evo said:
Zz's is just too funny, an awe inspired crowd looking into a moment of sheer Disney ecstacy.

I'm sure they all have glazed eyes, and euphoric smiles on their faces.

Could be a scene from The 4400 as well - that is, The Disney 4400.

Last edited:
img6511ym8.jpg

Reminds me of Frank Zappa on one of tunes - "God. It's God! I see God!"

matthyaouw said:
Yeah. Along those lines, are we supposed to vote for the best one or the worst, and if it's the worst is it the best or vice versa? :biggrin:

You have 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest. This is another close one!

Zz.

It can't get any closer than this! Two pictures are neck and neck vying for the worst or best bad picture! Every vote counts!

So vote early and vote often!

Ooops.. I forget. This is not Chicago election.

Zz.

Huckleberry said:
I chose turbo's picture. It looks like a stupid twig messed up his focus on what might have been a rather good shot. It is the bad picture that was just a macroscopic event from being good.

I agree. It's bad for a reason -- it's even a physics reason at that! :approve:

Zz's picture more reminded me of those old 1960's reels of nuke tests.

Yikes. Not sure if I should be happy or embarrass for winning this contest! :)

Zz.

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Bad Picture 2"?

The purpose of this contest is to encourage photographers to share their worst or most unflattering photos and have them voted on by the public. It is meant to be a fun and lighthearted way to showcase the imperfections and humor in photography.

2. How do I participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Bad Picture 2"?

To participate in the contest, you can submit your own bad photo by following the instructions on the contest website. Once the submission period is over, the photos will be open for voting by the public.

3. Who is eligible to participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Bad Picture 2"?

The contest is open to anyone who has a bad or unflattering photo to share. There are typically no restrictions on age, location, or photography experience.

4. Are there any prizes for winning the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Bad Picture 2"?

The contest may offer prizes for the top voted photos, but these prizes can vary. Some contests may offer cash prizes or photography gear, while others may offer recognition or exposure for the winners.

5. Can I submit multiple photos to the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Bad Picture 2"?

It depends on the rules of the specific contest. Some may allow multiple submissions, while others may only allow one photo per person. It is important to carefully read the guidelines before submitting your photos.