How can a Feed Magazine Design Facilitate Electronic Data Destruction?

• Thread starter polka129
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Designing
In summary, the conversation is discussing the design of a feed magazine for laptop computer hard drives that will integrate into an existing electronic data destruction machine. The magazine must be able to handle 4 inches wide x 5 3/4 inches long x 1 inch thick desktop computer hard drives as well as 2 3/4 inches wide x 4 inches long laptop computer hard drives that vary in thickness. The magazine should hold a minimum of 12 drives and be simple and safe to use. The conversation also mentions the method of activation for the shredding of the media and suggests using a rocking arm design. The person requesting the design asks for a visual representation of the design.
polka129
design a feed magazine for laptop computer hard drives to integrate into an existing electronic data destruction machine.this machine will be used to dispose of informaation technology devices and media.

it is to be designed for 4 inches wide x 5 3/4 inches long x 1 inch thick desktop computer hard drives and to handle laptop computer hard drives that are 2 3/4 inches wide x 4 inches long and vary from 5/16 inches thick to 11/16 inches thick.the majority of these drives are 5/16 inches thick.

the magazine must hold a minimum of 12 drives.

i am required to come up with a production magazine system that easily adapts to the existing machine and should be simple and safe to use.not requiring special training to install,load and use.

suggestions and ideas please

Engineering news on Phys.org
polka129 said:
design a feed magazine for laptop computer hard drives to integrate into an existing electronic data destruction machine.this machine will be used to dispose of informaation technology devices and media.

it is to be designed for 4 inches wide x 5 3/4 inches long x 1 inch thick desktop computer hard drives and to handle laptop computer hard drives that are 2 3/4 inches wide x 4 inches long and vary from 5/16 inches thick to 11/16 inches thick.the majority of these drives are 5/16 inches thick.

i am required to come up with a production magazine system that easily adapts to the existing machine and should be simple and safe to use.not requiring special training to install,load and use.

what method of activation do you have, electric, air?

wolram said:
what method of activation do you have, electric, air?

sir it is open-ended,not defined.you mean to say what actuates the shredding of these media?

polka129 said:
sir it is open-ended,not defined.you mean to say what actuates the shredding of these media?

No i mean what do you have to power the mag, i have designed many mags, most were powered by air, i wish i could give you a drawing, but it sounds like you need a rocking arm with 2 projections, 1 holds the stack and 1 let's go of 1 product, there would be 6 guides
2 front and back and 1 each side all round bar, the actuators would be on the 2 bar sides,
It sounds like you would have to have the rocking arm adjustable but that should be no problem.

wolram said:
No i mean what do you have to power the mag, i have designed many mags, most were powered by air, i wish i could give you a drawing, but it sounds like you need a rocking arm with 2 projections, 1 holds the stack and 1 let's go of 1 product, there would be 6 guides
2 front and back and 1 each side all round bar, the actuators would be on the 2 bar sides,
It sounds like you would have to have the rocking arm adjustable but that should be no problem.

sir ''a picture is worth a thousand words'' is the bet needed here:P...i will be very much obliged..difficult visualizing that description..

thank you

polka129 said:

polka129 said:
sir ''a picture is worth a thousand words'' is the bet needed here:P...i will be very much obliged..difficult visualizing that description..

thank you

It is YOUR graded project after all. Do you want us to do the project for you? And you still want to claim the grade?

At the PF we require that you show your efforts on schoolwork. Please show us what you have done so far on your own, before we can offer any tutorial hints...

1. What is a feed magazine?

A feed magazine is a device used to store and dispense feed for animals, such as livestock or poultry. It typically consists of a large storage container or hopper and a mechanism for delivering the feed to the animals.

2. How do you design a feed magazine?

The design of a feed magazine will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the animals and their owners. However, some key factors to consider when designing a feed magazine include the type of feed, the size and number of animals it will be used for, the frequency of feedings, and the environment in which it will be used.

3. What materials are commonly used for feed magazines?

The most commonly used materials for feed magazines are metal, plastic, and wood. Metal is durable and weather-resistant, but can be more expensive. Plastic is lightweight and affordable, but may not be as durable. Wood is a traditional and cost-effective option, but may not hold up well in wet or humid environments.

4. How do you ensure the safety and hygiene of a feed magazine?

To ensure the safety and hygiene of a feed magazine, it is important to regularly clean and disinfect the container and any feeding mechanisms. It is also important to store the feed in a cool, dry place to prevent mold or bacteria growth. Additionally, using feed that is free from contaminants and regularly inspecting the magazine for wear and tear can help maintain its safety and hygiene.

5. Are there any special features that can be added to a feed magazine?

Yes, there are several special features that can be added to a feed magazine, depending on the specific needs and preferences of the animals and their owners. Some common features include adjustable dispensers for controlling the amount of feed, rain covers or waterproofing for outdoor use, and locking mechanisms to prevent access by pests or unauthorized animals.