Mayan Apocalypse Chat: Can We Have It?

• Thread starter QuarkCharmer
  • Start date
In summary: lights. He just wants us to be happy with the light we have. :)And if you try to change a light bulb, Greg will send you to a special place outside PF, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time.But Greg loves...lights. He just wants us to be happy with the light we have. :)
QuarkCharmer
Can we have it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Up to evo :)
I believe that is the plan. micromass is cohost.

220x74.jpg

Of course we're having End of the World chat!

If the world is still here.

I might be out in the woods, walking my dog.

Evo said:
Of course we're having End of the World chat!

If the world is still here.

We can close the windows, get on pfchat, and when the big hand is on Apocalypse we can just assume that the world ended and continue our chat from there.

Sweet I'm the sexy one. Micro better be jealous of dem legs

I was watching Nat Geo's 2012 Apocalypse the other night (don't ask). Luckily some loon, I mean concerned citizen, discovered that a secret portal will open at precisely 11:11 am, and if he jumps through it, the world will be saved. We will know that he managed to save the world if he lands safely and nothing happens. And yes, they said he has a website and is collecting donations.

Did you see the Jello Pudding commercial on Discovery et al. lately?

About giving the Mayan Gods Pudding as a sacrifice, and if it works "see you on the 22nd"

I'll be Christmas shopping. I'm hoping everything will be on clearance that day.

I haz no legs!

BobG said:
I'll be Christmas shopping. I'm hoping everything will be on clearance that day.
Just steal what you want, Bob.

Evo said:
I was watching Nat Geo's 2012 Apocalypse the other night (don't ask). Luckily some loon, I mean concerned citizen, discovered that a secret portal will open at precisely 11:11 am, and if he jumps through it, the world will be saved. We will know that he managed to save the world if he lands safely and nothing happens. And yes, they said he has a website and is collecting donations.
Only in America...

QuarkCharmer said:
Did you see the Jello Pudding commercial on Discovery et al. lately?

About giving the Mayan Gods Pudding as a sacrifice, and if it works "see you on the 22nd"

:bugeye:

Please don't tell me this was all planned...

I haven't learned to say "I know nothing" yet in Mayan!

:cry:

Party at Drakkith's place. Everyone is invited. Except Turbo. He'll be out walking his dog. We'll save some cake for you Turbo.
OmCheeto will be performing his amazing Light Bulb Trick. It's the one where he goes around my house and replaces all the burnt out bulbs.
*Hands a package of bulbs to Om*
Get started buddy.

I'm pretty sure it's going to take more than one person to change the light bulb.

Drakkith said:
Party at Drakkith's place. Everyone is invited. Except Turbo. He'll be out walking his dog. We'll save some cake for you Turbo.
OmCheeto will be performing his amazing Light Bulb Trick. It's the one where he goes around my house and replaces all the burnt out bulbs.
*Hands a package of bulbs to Om*
Get started buddy.

too tired. moved 2 tons of freight in the last two days.

:zzz:

must sleep...

the roof/door knocking cones from hell have stopped, knocking..

:zzz:

must, save, energy, for, end, of, world...

:zzz: :zzz:

LOL QC!

BobG said:
Of course! *regrets the shopping done last week*

i bought a 2 foot high tree yesterday, complete with lights and ornaments - bah humbug.

BobG said:
I'm pretty sure it's going to take more than one person to change the light bulb.

Borek can bring some of his friends. Hmmm... I wonder how many of them we'd need? :wink:

Borek has lots of friends. Getting them in one location might be problematic

jtbell said:
Borek can bring some of his friends. Hmmm... I wonder how many of them we'd need? :wink:

Reports about number of my friends needed to change the light bulb are greatly exaggerated.

Borek said:
Reports about number of my friends needed to change the light bulb are greatly exaggerated.

That's okay. The number of light bulbs I have that are in need of changing is also greatly exaggerated.

Heheheh

Jimmy Snyder said:
In the beginning Greg created PF and the lounge.
And the lounge was without form, and void;
and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of Greg moved upon the face of the waters.
And Greg screwed in a lightbulb and there was light.

jobyts said:
Hence, any attempt to change a light bulb will be against the will of Greg. Changing light bulb comes under religious activity, which is against the PF rules and not allowed.

And if you try to change a light bulb, Greg will send you to a special place outside PF, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time.

But Greg loves you.

21st here (0:40 local time), and nothing happened yet :wink:. It is raining... water, not flames.

This whole light bulb thing isn't about my avatar is it?

I need to figure out how to make it blink.

OmCheeto said:

Cut the glass from the metal, place an AA battery inside with a small flash light lightbulb and wire it up so that the circuit would be complete if there were a connection between the middle of the bottom of the bulb, and the metal cylinder. Glue the whole thing back together and close the circuit with a penny. You can even make it blink that way.

OmCheeto said:

It's been in your mouth for like four years. I think making it blink is the least of your problems!

OmCheeto said:

Stick finger in socket. Remove finger. Stick finger in socket. Remove finger. Repeat at whatever interval to achieve desired frequency.

OmCheeto said:

2d0i3h0.gif

QuarkCharmer said:
2d0i3h0.gif

Yay!

Fortunately, PF won't allow me to upload it as an avatar.

<h2>1. What is "Mayan Apocalypse Chat: Can We Have It?"</h2><p>"Mayan Apocalypse Chat: Can We Have It?" is a hypothetical online chat room or forum where people discuss the idea of having a chat during the predicted Mayan Apocalypse, which was believed to occur on December 21, 2012.</p><h2>2. Is the Mayan Apocalypse real?</h2><p>No, the Mayan Apocalypse was a misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar. The Mayans did not predict an apocalypse, but rather the end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one.</p><h2>3. Why would people want to have a chat during the Mayan Apocalypse?</h2><p>Some people believed that the Mayan Apocalypse would be a significant event and wanted to connect with others during this time. Others saw it as a way to make light of the situation and have a sense of community.</p><h2>4. Did people actually have a chat during the predicted Mayan Apocalypse?</h2><p>There is no evidence that a specific chat or forum was created for the Mayan Apocalypse. However, people did gather online to discuss and share their thoughts and experiences during that time.</p><h2>5. What can we learn from the idea of "Mayan Apocalypse Chat: Can We Have It?"</h2><p>This concept highlights the human desire for connection and community, even in times of uncertainty. It also serves as a reminder to critically evaluate information and not to believe everything we hear.</p>

1. What is "Mayan Apocalypse Chat: Can We Have It?"

"Mayan Apocalypse Chat: Can We Have It?" is a hypothetical online chat room or forum where people discuss the idea of having a chat during the predicted Mayan Apocalypse, which was believed to occur on December 21, 2012.

2. Is the Mayan Apocalypse real?

No, the Mayan Apocalypse was a misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar. The Mayans did not predict an apocalypse, but rather the end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one.

3. Why would people want to have a chat during the Mayan Apocalypse?

Some people believed that the Mayan Apocalypse would be a significant event and wanted to connect with others during this time. Others saw it as a way to make light of the situation and have a sense of community.

4. Did people actually have a chat during the predicted Mayan Apocalypse?

There is no evidence that a specific chat or forum was created for the Mayan Apocalypse. However, people did gather online to discuss and share their thoughts and experiences during that time.

5. What can we learn from the idea of "Mayan Apocalypse Chat: Can We Have It?"

This concept highlights the human desire for connection and community, even in times of uncertainty. It also serves as a reminder to critically evaluate information and not to believe everything we hear.