When trouble walked through my door in 4 inch stilettos

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding cheesy fiction lines, specifically from pulp fiction novels or movies. The participants suggest websites and sources for these types of lines, such as cheesypulpfictionlinegenerator.com and Mickey Spillane quotes. The conversation also touches on the use of similes and metaphors, and the style of film noir as it relates to narrative cliches.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I'm looking for cheesy fiction lines, like out of pulp fiction novels. Can anyone point me at a site?

cheesypulpfictionlinegenerator.com would be perfect.

And, since anything is possible out their on the web I might as well shoot for the stars... A "taxi driver" slant would be perfect.

"The night was as hot as the grill at a Denny’s. People take cabs when it’s hot."

Physics news on Phys.org
I saw one in the comics a couple of weeks ago. I'll see if I can remember it correctly or butcher it. The comic is Garfield and Jon says something about being as desperate as a monkey in a banana famine. So, you could build on that.
-
"..when trouble walked through my door in 4 inch stilettos I cringed. But things were so slow and I was about as desperate as a monkey in a banana famine so..."
-
So how about it? Can PFers come up with some good ones?

Averagesupernova said:
I saw one in the comics a couple of weeks ago. I'll see if I can remember it correctly or butcher it. The comic is Garfield and Jon says something about being as desperate as a monkey in a banana famine. So, you could build on that.
-
"..when trouble walked through my door in 4 inch stilettos I cringed. But things were so slow and I was about as desperate as a monkey in a banana famine so..."
-
So how about it? Can PFers come up with some good ones?
That's great, but what do monkeys and bananas have to do with the dirty downtown streets plied by cabbies?

Curious3141 said:
You should look up Mickey Spillane (Mike Hammer) quotes. They're pretty much all like this : http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mickeyspil310956.html
This is almost exactly what I'm looking for - I think...

These seem to be quotes spoken by the author, in real life, not narrative cliches in his stories. Or am I using it wrong?

DaveC426913 said:
This is almost exactly what I'm looking for - I think...

These seem to be quotes spoken by the author, in real life, not narrative cliches in his stories. Or am I using it wrong?

Those are biographical quotes. The stuff in his books/movies is even cheesier (exactly what you're looking for), unfortunately I cannot find an online source, maybe you can continue googling for it.

Try sifting through the links here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Spillane

DaveC426913 said:
That's great, but what do monkeys and bananas have to do with the dirty downtown streets plied by cabbies?

Well I guess it depends on the effect that you're after. The monkey in a banana famine line from Garfield really made me laugh. They don't really have anything to do with downtown streets and cabbies. That's why it's kind of funny. That may not be the effect you are after though.

This reminds me of a movie I liked from the early nineties, "Her Alibi" with Tom Selleck. He plays a mystery writer and he throws out a bunch of phrases like that in the movie.

..when trouble walked through my door in 4 inch stilettos

I thought you were telling us you tripped on your carpet. :tongue:

I've tried every keyword I can think of to Google:

detective pulp fiction cliche cheesy metaphor simile

Mostly, I get either simile stuff or detective stuff, but not both.

Look up the phrase "Film Noir" this is the style you're talking about.

Artman said:
Look up the phrase "Film Noir" this is the style you're talking about.
Well, yes, but I'm not looking for story or visual cliches, I'm looking for narrative cliches .i.e. words.

Unless film noir is also a literary genre...

Or, I suppose a film noir that's narrated by the character would have the same flavour.

What is the meaning behind the title "When trouble walked through my door in 4 inch stilettos"?

The title suggests that the speaker is referring to a person, possibly a woman, who is causing problems or creating chaos in their life. The mention of stilettos could also imply that this person is confident and powerful.

Is this a true story or a work of fiction?

This cannot be determined without further context. However, it is possible that the speaker is using metaphorical language to describe a difficult or challenging situation that they are facing.

What does it mean when someone says "trouble walks through the door"?

This phrase is often used to describe a sudden and unexpected problem or challenge that arises. It suggests that the issue appeared without warning and has the potential to cause difficulties.

Why did the speaker specifically mention 4 inch stilettos?

The mention of stilettos could be symbolic of the person's confidence and power, as well as their potential to cause trouble. It could also be a way for the speaker to emphasize the person's femininity and attractiveness.

Can you provide more context about the situation mentioned in the title?

Without more information, it is impossible to determine the exact situation that the speaker is referring to. However, it is likely that the speaker is facing a difficult or problematic experience, possibly involving someone who is causing trouble in their life.