Will mars ever walked upon by man

• Thread starter the stig
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mars
In summary, the conversation was about the possibility of humans walking on Mars in the near future. The original poster shared their interest in studying Mars and wondered about others' views on the topic. The conversation also included a heated exchange regarding language skills and the likelihood of humans reaching Mars. Ultimately, the general consensus was that humans will likely reach Mars within the next 20 years, although some doubt it without significant advancements in technology.
the stig
i have ben studying Mars for a while now and I was just wondeering about peoples views on weather man will ever walk on Mars in this life time?

Physics news on Phys.org
moderator edit: flames removed

Last edited by a moderator:
mate, just because ur a physics geek don't take ur anger out on me, its not my fault that I am dislexic, take ur head out ur arse and get a life!

moderator edit: flames removed

Do we really need this on a Physics Forum? If someone in Japan's English is not great, so what? - It is probably better than the Japanese most of us can manage! the stig - don't be put off.

Anyway, back to the question. Yes, man will be on Mars one day. My guess is in about 20 years.

Originally posted by
i have ben studying Mars for a while now and I was just wondeering about peoples views on weather man will ever walk on Mars in this life time?
I doubt it unless we master fusion power/propulsion, which I'm not optomistic about.

many thankyou for your comments

I sure hope so!

1. Will humans ever walk on Mars?

It is currently predicted that humans will walk on Mars in the near future, potentially within the next decade or two. NASA and other space agencies are actively working on plans and technologies to make this a reality.

2. What are the biggest challenges in sending humans to Mars?

The biggest challenges in sending humans to Mars include the long journey time, exposure to radiation, and the need for advanced life support systems. Additionally, landing and surviving on the harsh Martian environment presents numerous challenges.

3. How long would it take to travel to Mars?

The time it takes to travel to Mars depends on the alignment of Earth and Mars, but on average it takes about 7 months one-way. This does not include the time needed to prepare for the journey and time spent on the surface of Mars.

4. What are the potential benefits of humans walking on Mars?

Humans walking on Mars could provide a wealth of scientific knowledge about the planet and its history, as well as potential resources that could be used to further space exploration. It could also serve as a stepping stone for future missions to other planets or even interstellar travel.

5. How can humans survive on Mars?

To survive on Mars, humans would need to bring or create their own resources, including food, water, air, and shelter. This could potentially be achieved through advanced technology such as hydroponic farming, water recycling systems, and protective habitats.