Is remote desktop connection affected by security DLL functions in Windows?

In summary, the conversation discusses a popular remote desktop connection issue related to security on Windows operating systems. It is believed that newer versions of Windows have security functions built in to prevent monitoring and automatically log off the current user when a remote connection is initiated. However, there are still ways for this security to be bypassed, allowing for easier and faster remote connections without the automatic log-off function. The validity of this is questioned and it is suggested that the current user must still log off and the computer must be on for remote assistance to work. Clarification is requested on the role of DLLs in this scenario.
phylotree
A popular remote desktop connection issue at present shows up in my head making me wonder whether or not what I am thinking is correct at all. I am a Windows internals novice so please be prepared with my ignorance.
For security reason I suppose later versions of Windows (post-XP) have been equipped with security dll functions included to turn off all activities available on the computer that is to be monitored. Therefore the currently logged on user of that computer will be logged off automatically when the connection is done. The included dlls that act as a firewall for remote connection I think are "stuck" on purpose with the OS kernel. However since Microsoft Windows is notorious for security leaks (likely to be by chance, on purpose or even real attacks from competitors o:)), there are still software that can intercept this cohesiveness and one of its module interface was implemented to perform as if the mentioned security dlls malfunctioned or were non-existing. The connection is thus not only easier and faster but the automatic log-off function is successfully eliminated. Is this real ? My take on this is that the current user must log off and that computer must be on for the remote assistance to work.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Could you try to be a little more... clear? A firewall cannot be a dymanic linked library, for example (because DLLs don't control network traffic).

1. What is a remote desktop connection?

A remote desktop connection is a technology that allows a user to access and control a computer remotely over a network or the internet. This means that you can use your computer from a different location as if you were sitting in front of it.

2. How does a remote desktop connection work?

A remote desktop connection works by using a client-server model. The client is the computer that is being used to connect to the remote computer, while the server is the remote computer that is being accessed. The client sends user input to the server, which then sends back the corresponding output to the client.

3. What are the benefits of using a remote desktop connection?

Using a remote desktop connection can provide several benefits, such as allowing access to a computer from a different location, enabling collaboration and file sharing among team members, and providing a way to troubleshoot and fix technical issues on a remote computer.

4. Is a remote desktop connection secure?

Yes, a remote desktop connection can be made secure by using encryption and authentication methods. It is important to ensure that the connection is made through a secure network and that proper security measures are in place, such as strong passwords and two-factor authentication.

5. What are some common applications of remote desktop connection?

Remote desktop connection is commonly used in the workplace for remote work, telecommuting, and virtual meetings. It is also used for providing technical support and remote access to personal or work computers. Additionally, it can be used for accessing resources on a home computer while traveling or accessing a work computer from home.