Who is Albert Messiah? Exploring the Life of the Author of Quantum Mechanics

• Thread starter nitin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biography
In summary, Albert Messiah was a French physicist and professor known for his contributions to quantum mechanics and statistical physics. He was born on July 19, 1921 in Paris, France and was a professor at the University of Paris. Some of his major accomplishments include receiving the Silver Medal of the CNRS and authoring the influential textbook "Quantum Mechanics". His area of expertise was theoretical physics, specifically in the fields of quantum mechanics and statistical physics. Albert Messiah's work and teachings greatly impacted the field of physics, solidifying his reputation as a highly respected figure in the scientific community.
nitin
Has anybody ever come across a biography of the author Albert Messiah, of "Quantum Mechanics" reknown. His textbook is still being widely used (after half a century of its first appearance), but I wonder how many actually know some interesting thing about him :rolleyes: . I would be grateful if someone could direct me to one which is available online.

Cheers.

Physics news on Phys.org
nitin, did found anything?

Probably not, as he asked 6 years ago,

I know, if he had just asked it wouldn't make sense to ask him that.

He hasn't been a member for 3 years.

1. Who is Albert Messiah?

Albert Messiah was a French physicist and professor who made significant contributions to the fields of quantum mechanics and statistical physics.

2. When and where was Albert Messiah born?

Albert Messiah was born on July 19, 1921 in Paris, France.

3. What are some of Albert Messiah's major accomplishments?

Some of Albert Messiah's major accomplishments include being a professor at the University of Paris, being awarded the Silver Medal of the CNRS, and writing the influential textbook "Quantum Mechanics".

4. What was Albert Messiah's area of expertise?

Albert Messiah's area of expertise was theoretical physics, with a focus on quantum mechanics and statistical physics.

5. What impact did Albert Messiah have on the field of physics?

Albert Messiah's work and teachings greatly influenced the understanding and development of quantum mechanics and statistical physics, making him a highly respected figure in the field of physics.