Quantum entanglement to communicate from inside black holes

In summary: You retract the "I am not so sure" part of your prior post...in fact my wording is contradictory...Black bodies DO radiate Hawking radiation at all times as they are near perfect black bodies. Chronos' description is also correct...they also absorb CMBR type thermal radiation...Very well done! Thanks for taking the time to clarify.
yoplait
I have just joined this forum as I am curious to discover from experts if my idea is physically possible. Once you pass the event horizon of a black hole nothing can escape as the space time "fabric" is moving into the black hole at equal to or greater than the speed of light.
But I hear from quantum physics that two quantum entangled particles can instantly communicate potentially from across the universe from one another. Say I entangle two particles, keep and observe one, and send the other one into the black hole beyond the horizon. Could I theoretically communicate with that black hole particle once it has passed the horizon?
(I am assuming the black hole is super massive so the spaghettification does not destroy the particles before it can enter the event horizon.)

Space news on Phys.org
yoplait said:
But I hear from quantum physics that two quantum entangled particles can instantly communicate potentially from across the universe from one another.

They can't communicate information, that doesn't transfer instantly.

Could I theoretically communicate with that black hole particle once it has passed the horizon?
(I am assuming the black hole is super massive so the spaghettification does not destroy the particles before it can enter the event horizon.)

You don't think that the particle crossing the event horizon is going to destroy it? What is it that you think you're going to be talking to once it's in there?

The event horizon of a black hole marks the point where an entering particle is causally disconnected from the rest of the universe - forever.

You don't think that the particle crossing the event horizon is going to destroy it?

I don't.

Naty1 said:
I don't.

Is this referring to Susskind's side of the black hole wars? Is he going to be communicating with some representation of the particle's information smeared out over the surface? Please do elaborate.

Diracpool:
Is this referring to Susskind's side of the black hole wars?

You don't think that the particle crossing the event horizon is going to destroy it?
I don't.

no,no..if anything Susskind says, via black hole complementarity, that two 'copies' of the information exist...sort of...

I was trying to say that 'causally disconnected' [The GR viewpoint expressed by Chronos.] is not the same as 'destroyed'. [edit:But I don't know exactly what 'causally disconnected' means, either...is that forever??}

Anyway, neither side thinks anything is necessarily 'destroyed' immediately in free fall through a BH event horizon.

Black holes are not eternal, so will eventually return all the energy it captured via hawking radiation until it loses so much mass it can no longer remain a black hole. At that point it will fall apart in a dazzling blaze of ... er, poof of embarrassment. It takes an incomprehensible amount of time for this to happen - many to the power of many times the current age of the universe. The universe must first cool to a point lower than the radiating temperature of a black hole [which is very tiny] before a black hole can even begin to lose mass via hawking radiation.

The universe must first cool to a point lower than the radiating temperature of a black hole [which is very tiny] before a black hole can even begin to lose mass via hawking radiation.

I used to think that too...but am now not so sure...Apparently black bodies radiate even when the surrounding temperatures are higher??...So it seems when Hawking radiation exceeds mass/energy absorbed by a BH for an extended period, really extended period, it can go in a 'poof of embrarrassment'. That's why, I think, it is said Hawking evaporation can't be detected..it IS there, but much too weak...

[great description by the way!] I never pursued the details much since I expect to be loooong gone...

if the blackbody temp is less than the surrounding temperature the BH will absorb the surounding energy. The post by George Jones in this thread covers that in regards to Hawking radiation. There4 are other processes involved though.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=683377

The universe must first cool to a point lower than the radiating temperature of a black hole [which is very tiny] before a black hole can even begin to lose mass via hawking radiation.
I used to think that too...but I am now not so sure...

I retract the "I am not so sure" part of my prior post...in fact my wording is contradictory ... Black bodies DO radiate Hawking radiation at all times as they are near perfect black bodies as I posted above. Chronos' description is also correct...they also absorb CMBR type thermal radiation...

Roger Penrose describes this exact process on page 839, 30.8, of THE ROAD TO REALITY and points out that Hawking described the process in 1974:

..There will come a point when the ambient temperature will be lower than the [black hole] temperature for any given black hole. After that, the BH would start to lose energy by radiating away more energy than it absorbs from the background...

1. What is quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, even when the particles are separated by large distances.

2. How does quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement occurs when two particles are created or interact in a way that their properties become correlated. This correlation persists even when the particles are separated, allowing for instantaneous communication between them.

3. Can quantum entanglement be used to communicate from inside black holes?

Currently, there is no evidence to suggest that quantum entanglement can be used to communicate from inside black holes. The extreme gravitational forces inside a black hole would likely destroy any entangled particles, making communication impossible.

4. What is the significance of using quantum entanglement to communicate from inside black holes?

If it were possible to use quantum entanglement to communicate from inside black holes, it would have significant implications for our understanding of physics and the nature of black holes. It could also potentially lead to advancements in quantum communication technology.

5. Are there any ongoing research efforts to study quantum entanglement and black holes?

Yes, there are ongoing research efforts to study the relationship between quantum entanglement and black holes. Scientists are exploring the possibility of using quantum entanglement to gain insights into the mysterious and complex nature of black holes.