How to publish if you are an amateur?

• Thread starter member 11137
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Amateur
In summary, an amateur writer can propose an article for publication through the Independent Research forum on Physics Forums website. This forum allows writers to post drafts of their papers and receive feedback from other members. However, the writer must go through the same review process as professionals and ensure their work meets the required standards.
member 11137
How and where can an amateur like me hope to propose an article for the publication. Let me dream. Beside this, thanks for the help. Or tell me quickly if I only must stay in the neighborrough of my dreams.

Physics news on Phys.org
I suppose there where pros publish. You'd have to go through the same review process though. M.Scs don't get to have more errors than PhDs in their articles either.

jma2001 said:
Have you looked at the Independent Research forum? That might be a good place to post a draft of your paper and get some feedback.

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146
Until now I didn't try; but thanks for the suggestion; I think I shall try as soon as my work will be ready and corresponding to the imposed conditions... (so don't be in a hurry!)

1. Can amateurs publish their research?

Yes, amateurs can publish their research in various scientific journals and publications. However, the research must meet the standards set by the journal and go through a peer-review process.

2. How do I find a suitable journal to publish my research?

There are several ways to find a suitable journal for your research. You can search online databases, ask for recommendations from colleagues, or attend conferences and workshops to network with other researchers and editors.

3. Do I need to have a degree or formal training to publish my research?

No, a degree or formal training is not a requirement for publishing research. However, having a solid understanding of scientific methods and writing skills is crucial for producing high-quality research.

4. Do I need to have previous publications to submit my research to a journal?

No, it is not necessary to have previous publications to submit your research to a journal. However, having some experience in the research field and a well-written manuscript can increase your chances of getting published.

5. Can I publish my research without funding or institutional support?

Yes, it is possible to publish research without funding or institutional support. However, having access to resources and support can improve the quality and credibility of your research.