Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: lpbug@physicsforums.comI think you should try emailing your messages to mail.physicsforums.com instead. That way everyone can access your messages.
We are now making available @physicsforums.com email addresses for all members. The service uses Windows Live (formerly Hotmail). So you use Hotmail service, but your address is under physicsforums.com instead of hotmail.com

Signups are moderated. Please use your member name when signing up so I can verify.
https://domains.live.com/members/signup.aspx?domain=physicsforums.com [Broken]

When signed up you can use mail.physicsforums.com to sign in and view your mail.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cool! :smile:

EDIT: Did I go too soon?

Open sign-up for physicsforums.com
This domain is currently not activated for open membership. Contact the webmaster of physicsforums.com expressing your interest to have your e-mail account @physicsforums.com.

Last edited:
I got my e-mail, thanks Greg!

Thanks, Greg. Could you maybe put a link to mail.physicsforums.com somewhere?-- maybe the quick links menu?

Oh!

It's very great!

Thanks a lot!

Nice, I just added mine and it's through Hotmail too!

Thank you!

Very cool!

Does anyone know the name and type of server, so I can add this to my Outlook accounts?

Last edited:
cristo said:
Thanks, Greg. Could you maybe put a link to mail.physicsforums.com somewhere?-- maybe the quick links menu?

Nice idea!:approve:

cristo said:

ok done

LURCH said:
Does anyone know the name and type of server, so I can add this to my Outlook accounts?

check this out
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx [Broken]

Last edited:
Awesome. I registered with something other than my username, I hope that's ok.

thanks, cool id i got... hope i also become cool

devraj said:
thanks, cool id i got... hope i also become cool

You got my vote! :)

It would be cool if the e-mails were provided by GMail, because some people here, linux users like me, are anti-microsoft and have solemnly pledged never to open any microsoft site in their browser.

Shailen Sobhe said:
It would be cool if the e-mails were provided by GMail, because some people here, linux users like me, are anti-microsoft and have solemnly pledged never to open any microsoft site in their browser.

I understand, gmail does have a server similar to this, however accounts must be manually created and I won't do that.

perillux[at]physicsforums.com

I too like gmail better because I can use a third party program to retrieve mail from it. In order to do that on hotmail I have to pay... Plus I use Linux ;)

But I still like this a lot better than my old hotmail account.

Last edited by a moderator:
yay, thanks for the free email acounts

@Perillux

You don't need to pay to retrieve your mails. There is a workaround for this. You can configure hotmail to forward your emails to your GMail address. In your GMail, you can simply label all mails coming from youraddy@physicsforums.com.

Hope that helps.

I am also an anti-microsoft person. Oh well, this still might come useful one day.

Thanks Greg! Now I can officially subscribe to all my threads without all the automatic messages overflowing my private emails :D

Sweetness.

Thanks ,For I have known about physics .

Hey man i can't understand how to get my @physicsforums.com email. could you please help me

kushal18 said:
Hey man i can't understand how to get my @physicsforums.com email. could you please help me

Visit the link in the first post in this thread. As Greg says, the signups are moderated, so it may be that you cannot use your account straight away.

thanks for your help cristo, i have successfully my created PF mail

Greg Bernhardt said:
We are now making available @physicsforums.com email addresses for all members. The service uses Windows Live (formerly Hotmail). So you use Hotmail service, but your address is under physicsforums.com instead of hotmail.com

Signups are moderated. Please use your member name when signing up so I can verify.
https://domains.live.com/members/signup.aspx?domain=physicsforums.com [Broken]

When signed up you can use mail.physicsforums.com to sign in and view your mail.

Sign me up as wilmiers77 member name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please sign me up as wilmiers77 member name.

wilmiers77[at]physicsforums.com

wilmiers77 said:
wilmiers77[at]physicsforums.com
Did you go to the link and register?

wilmiers77 said:
Sign me up as wilmiers77 member name.
Sign yourself up. Follow the link in post #1.

hi all, I'm new.. signed up for e-mail today
like the site very much

is there any chance you could swap to the google service :P

Oh but I guess that would be a pain to everyone that has already registered :(

Last edited:
umm... srry but when i typed in my e-mail as u said it
lpbug@physicsforums.com
its doesn't send to my inbox...
but the mail.physicsfourms.com works fine...
im sort of new so ya...

<h2>What is "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?</h2><p>"Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" is a feature on PhysicsForums that allows users to sign up for a personalized email address associated with their account on the forum.</p><h2>How do I sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?</h2><p>To sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now", simply go to the PhysicsForums website and click on the "Get Email" button. You will then be prompted to create a username and password for your email account.</p><h2>Can I use my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes?</h2><p>Yes, you can use your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes such as personal or professional communication. However, please note that the email service is provided by PhysicsForums and is subject to the forum's terms and conditions.</p><h2>Is there a cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?</h2><p>No, there is no cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now". It is a free feature for all registered users on PhysicsForums.</p><h2>Can I change my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address?</h2><p>Yes, you can change your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address at any time. Simply go to your account settings and follow the instructions to change your email address. Please note that your old email address will no longer be valid once you change it.</p>

What is "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?

"Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" is a feature on PhysicsForums that allows users to sign up for a personalized email address associated with their account on the forum.

How do I sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?

To sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now", simply go to the PhysicsForums website and click on the "Get Email" button. You will then be prompted to create a username and password for your email account.

Can I use my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes?

Yes, you can use your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes such as personal or professional communication. However, please note that the email service is provided by PhysicsForums and is subject to the forum's terms and conditions.

Is there a cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?

No, there is no cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now". It is a free feature for all registered users on PhysicsForums.

Can I change my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address?

Yes, you can change your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address at any time. Simply go to your account settings and follow the instructions to change your email address. Please note that your old email address will no longer be valid once you change it.