Finding Schrödinger & De Broglie's 1926 Quantum Physics Papers

In summary, Schrödinger wrote six research papers in 1926 presenting the complete mathematical foundation of nonrelativistic quantum mechanics. De Broglie supported his proposal of duality with a proof derived from relativity theory. These original papers and derivations are available on a site that requires payment, but it is recommended to buy de Broglie's book on the topic. This book, "Non-Linear Wave Mechanics: A Causal Interpretation," includes de Broglie's first papers from the period mentioned and is highly recommended.
Useful nucleus
I have just read that Schrödinger had wrote six research papers ( in 1926) in which he presented the complete mathematical foundation of nonrelativistic quantum mechanics . Also read that De Broglie supported his proposal (the duality) by a proof derived from relativity theory . Are these original papers and derivation available some where on the web ( No matter english or german)

Thank you in advance for any help !

Physics news on Phys.org
Useful nucleus said:
I have just read that Schrödinger had wrote six research papers ( in 1926) in which he presented the complete mathematical foundation of nonrelativistic quantum mechanics . Also read that De Broglie supported his proposal (the duality) by a proof derived from relativity theory . Are these original papers and derivation available some where on the web ( No matter english or german)
Thank you in advance for any help !

Here, there is a site where you have to pay
http://www.essaytown.com/topics/louis_de_broglie_essays_papers.html
But I think it is much better to buy de Broglies book on QM rewritten somewhere in the sixties.

Careful

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for help , but I think this is a site to help students in making research papers , but doesn't offer the papers written by scientists.

Useful nucleus said:
Thank you for help , but I think this is a site to help students in making research papers , but doesn't offer the papers written by scientists.
Upps, seems I was too quick. :blushing: But his book ``non-linear wave mechanics : a causal interpretation'' contains much more than and includes his first papers from the period you were looking for (I have it myself and can recommend it for sure).

Careful

That's it ! I'll look for it . Many thanks!

1. What is the significance of Schrödinger and De Broglie's 1926 quantum physics papers?

The 1926 quantum physics papers by Schrödinger and De Broglie are considered groundbreaking in the field of physics as they introduced the concept of wave-particle duality and laid the foundation for the development of quantum mechanics. These papers also helped to unify the theories of quantum mechanics and classical mechanics.

2. Where can I find Schrödinger and De Broglie's 1926 quantum physics papers?

The original papers can be found in various scientific journals, such as "Annalen der Physik" and "Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences." They can also be accessed through online databases or libraries.

3. What were the main findings of Schrödinger and De Broglie's 1926 quantum physics papers?

The main findings of these papers include the wave nature of matter, the mathematical description of quantum mechanics through the Schrödinger equation, and the concept of wave packets. They also introduced the concept of quantum tunneling and explained the behavior of particles at the atomic level.

4. How did Schrödinger and De Broglie's 1926 quantum physics papers impact the field of science?

These papers revolutionized the field of physics and had a significant impact on the development of quantum mechanics. They also paved the way for further research and discoveries in the field, leading to the development of new technologies and applications such as transistors and lasers.

5. Are Schrödinger and De Broglie's 1926 quantum physics papers still relevant today?

Yes, these papers are still relevant today as they form the basis of modern quantum mechanics and are essential in understanding the behavior of matter at the atomic and subatomic level. The concepts and theories introduced in these papers are still widely used in research and technological advancements in various fields.