Fresh Air Globe - Discover the Technology Behind It!

In summary, the conversation was about the technology behind the Fresh Air Globe, a product that claims to improve air quality by mixing air with water to absorb micropollutants. However, the group discussed the effectiveness and practicality of the product, with some suggesting alternative methods such as using a ventilator and water filter or simply buying fish. They also questioned the legitimacy of the product's marketing tactics and the existence of the supposed Hydro Ionisation technology.
katchum
http://www.jmldirect.com/Fresh-Air-Globe-PF2550/

I stumbled on this nifty instrument and wondered what was the technology behind this invention?

I could only think of air that mixes with water and therefore will absorb micropolluents.
Is there any other technology that I'm not aware of?

If not, then why not just use a ventilator and spray the air through a bowl of water, that would be even more effective. => More turbulence. I would look at it as a water scrubber.

Actually, you can just buy some fishes and use a water filter, same technology...

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
It works on the 'people will buy any stupid junk' technology.
Like ionisers and electric water softeners it's not entirely fake but there is a big diference between an industrial water spray dust trap and a bit of water splashing aound in a ball.

mgb_phys said:

:rofl:

I needed a good laugh this morning!

mgb_phys said:
Like ionisers and electric water softeners it's not entirely fake but there is a big diference between an industrial water spray dust trap and a bit of water splashing aound in a ball.

These water softeners, we installed one recently. They just put some kind of magnet around the pipe and that was it. Does it work like this?

Iron particles in the Calcium granulates will be attracted so these calcium granulates will break up and therefore, when cooking water they won't form big CaCO3 particles?

This is some truly amazing marketing! I thought it was brilliant when bottlers got people to pay $1.00 for a bottle of water, but now these guys are selling a bowl of water for $40.00, and YOU SUPPLY THE WATER! Dang, I love capitalism!

katchum said:
These water softeners, we installed one recently. They just put some kind of magnet around the pipe and that was it. Does it work like this?
They work in theory - with a strong enough field they temporarily disturb the formation of new deposits ( although they don't remove existing scale )
They are used industrially (with much stronger fields) just before a filter or some process that needs scale free water.

I don't think the little home ones powered by a 'D' cell do any good.

but...but...they have an LED color changing base. That must mean something. Plus they also have a eucalyptus/incense available.

I think you can get Glade Plug-ins for $1.99. Same thing.

I could also flush the toilet which would give me the same gurgling water effect - although possibly without the fragrance effects.

They said there was this Hydro Ionisation technology. What is that? Nothing showed up on google.

It doesn't show up on Google because it doesn't exist.

What is the Fresh Air Globe and how does it work?

The Fresh Air Globe is a revolutionary air purification system that uses advanced technology to remove harmful pollutants and allergens from the air. It works by drawing in contaminated air through a series of filters, including a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter, which trap and neutralize harmful particles. The purified air is then released back into the room, providing a continuous supply of clean and fresh air.

What sets the Fresh Air Globe apart from other air purifiers?

The Fresh Air Globe stands out from other air purifiers due to its cutting-edge technology and innovative design. It uses a combination of filters to remove a wide range of pollutants, including dust, pollen, smoke, and pet dander. Additionally, the Globe is equipped with a UV-C light, which helps to kill germs and bacteria in the air. Its compact size and sleek design also make it a stylish addition to any room.

Is the Fresh Air Globe safe to use?

Yes, the Fresh Air Globe is completely safe to use in your home or office. It has been thoroughly tested and meets all safety standards. The Globe does not emit any harmful chemicals or ozone, making it a safe and eco-friendly choice for air purification.

How often do the filters need to be replaced?

The frequency of filter replacements depends on the level of air pollution in your environment and how often you use the Fresh Air Globe. Generally, it is recommended to replace the HEPA filter every 6-12 months and the activated carbon filter every 3-6 months. The UV-C light bulb should be replaced every 12 months. However, these timeframes may vary and it is important to regularly check the filters for any signs of wear and tear.

Can the Fresh Air Globe improve my health?

Yes, the Fresh Air Globe can have a positive impact on your health by providing cleaner, fresher air. It can help reduce symptoms of allergies and asthma by removing allergens and irritants from the air. Additionally, it can help reduce the risk of respiratory infections by eliminating germs and bacteria. However, it is important to note that the Fresh Air Globe should not be used as a replacement for medical treatment for any health conditions.