What can you share yet still have all for yourself

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary: I would answer "my identity". I could share my identity (actually, acquaintance with my identity) with other people, but it still remains exclusively mine. If someone else tries to assume it, it is just a fraud.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Brain teaser:

What can you share yet still have all for yourself?

Physics news on Phys.org
Monique said:
Brain teaser:

What can you share yet still have all for yourself?
Your thoughts.

Also "nothing".

If you had nothing, and shared some with lots of other people, you'd still have nothing.

EDIT : Just realized that this is actually a whole lot of "not sharing".

Last edited:
One could share germies...like sharing a cold and still being sick. :tongue2:

Love, rainbows, and unicorns.

my opinion ?

EDIT : Oops...this is just what Evo said.

Anything physical that you yourself cannot take away (e.g. Building, Sculptures, Trees etc.)

The Bob (2004 ©)

I'd like to share lots of things in this BT forum. just don't know know what you guys want me to share !
Thoughts ?
Love ?
Some slices of raw ham ?
A bottle of milk ?

But everyone has thoughts, I am looking for something more qualitative :)

Qualitative comes from quality.
Quality has relations to Quantity
Quantity is in connection with Demands and Supplies
Demands and Supplies come from Customers and Manufacturers
They get balanced at Saturated Point
Saturated Point means Both get Satisfied
When Satisfied is mentioned,
Job, Love and Money can be of great help for man.
I should have guessed it was only love♥ anyway

:satisfied:

Could it be Gravity?

The Bob (2004 ©)

The question is probably too open ended :biggrin:

Knowledge

Knowledge you can give to other people, but you won't loose any by doing so :smile:

The phrase "all for yourself" is distracting. It makes it sound exclusive (I still have this but nobody else actually gets it).

I would answer "my identity". I could share my identity (actually, acquaintance with my identity) with other people, but it still remains exclusively mine. If someone else tries to assume it, it is just a fraud.

well i think i just missed this one. bcoz i know that if i say that i knew the answer myself then nobody will believe me, but i can tell you that this is a very common riddle around here, infact i remember this one right from my childhood days.

but i am really surprised that all you people can think so wayward as i expected it to be answered by most of you

vikasj007 said:
but i am really surprised that all you people can think so wayward as i expected it to be answered by most of you

Very Sorry

The Bob (2004 ©)

What does it mean to share yet still have all for yourself?

Sharing yet still having all for yourself means being able to give something to others while also preserving enough for yourself so that you do not lose what is important to you.

Why is this concept important in science?

In science, collaboration and communication are essential for progress. This concept allows scientists to work together and share their findings while also maintaining their personal intellectual property and maintaining control over their research.

What are some examples of things that can be shared yet still have all for yourself in science?

Some examples include research data, experimental methods, and scientific discoveries. Scientists can share these things with their colleagues and the scientific community, while still maintaining ownership and control over their work.

How does this concept impact scientific progress?

This concept promotes collaboration and knowledge sharing in the scientific community, leading to advancements and breakthroughs in various fields. It also allows scientists to build upon each other's work and collectively make progress towards new discoveries.

Is it possible to share too much in science?

Yes, sharing too much can potentially lead to losing control over one's research and ideas. It is important for scientists to find a balance between collaboration and maintaining their personal ownership and control over their work.