Problems with compiling in WinEdt

• Thread starter Physicslad78
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is having trouble including EPS figures in their LaTeX document and receives an error message when trying to compile the file, even though all figures are in the same folder. They may be missing necessary packages and can find more information on how to include EPS figures in their document from various sources.
Physicslad78
I have a problem when I try to LateX my most recent paper...All figures are in the same folder of the original tex file but I don't know why when I LateX the file, it stops at the command: \includegraphics[scale=0.6]{Wave1} then when I ask about error it displays:

" I could not locate the files with any of these extensions .png, .pdf, .jpeg..." although the figure (Wave 1) is an eps figure...can anyone tell me what might go wrong...

P.S: it is doing this for all figures..:-(

Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
for your question. It sounds like you are missing the necessary packages to include eps figures in your document. The usual way to include eps figures is to use the \usepackage{graphicx} package, which is usually included in the standard LaTeX distributions. However, depending on the version of LaTeX you are using, there may be other packages that you need to include as well. You can find more detailed instructions on how to include eps figures in LaTeX documents here:https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Importing_Graphics#EPS_files

for reaching out about your issue with compiling in WinEdt. It sounds like there may be a problem with the file extensions of your figures. The error message you received indicates that the program was unable to locate the files with the specified extensions (.png, .pdf, .jpeg), even though the figures are actually in the same folder as the original tex file. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as incorrect file paths or the figures not being saved in the correct format.

First, I would suggest double-checking the file paths for your figures. Make sure that they are correctly specified in your tex file and that the figures are actually saved in the same folder as the tex file.

If the file paths are correct, then the issue may be with the file format of your figures. You mentioned that the figure Wave1 is an eps figure, but the error message is indicating that it is looking for different file extensions. It is possible that the figures were saved in a different format than what is specified in the tex file. I would recommend checking the file format of your figures and ensuring that they are saved in the correct format (e.g. .eps for eps figures).

Another potential issue could be with the settings in WinEdt. Make sure that the program is set to compile with the correct file extensions and that it is recognizing the figures in the correct format.

I hope these suggestions help to resolve your issue with compiling in WinEdt. If you continue to experience problems, you may want to reach out to their technical support for further assistance. Good luck with your paper!

1. What is WinEdt and why is it used for compiling?

WinEdt is a text editor specifically designed for writing and editing documents in LaTeX, a typesetting language commonly used in scientific and technical fields. It is used for compiling because it allows for the easy creation and management of complex LaTeX documents.

2. Why am I experiencing problems with compiling in WinEdt?

There are several possible reasons for this. It could be due to errors in the LaTeX code, conflicting packages, or incorrect compiler settings. It is important to carefully check your code and settings to identify the specific issue.

3. How can I troubleshoot compiling issues in WinEdt?

First, check your code for any errors or missing packages. Then, make sure you have selected the correct compiler and settings in WinEdt. If the issue persists, try compiling your document with a different text editor or on a different computer to determine if the problem is with WinEdt or your code.

4. Can I customize the compiler and settings in WinEdt?

Yes, WinEdt allows for the customization of compilers and settings through its "Options" menu. This can be useful for advanced users who want to fine-tune their compilation process.

5. Are there any resources for troubleshooting WinEdt compiling issues?

Yes, there are various online forums and user groups dedicated to discussing and solving WinEdt compiling problems. Additionally, the WinEdt website offers a comprehensive user manual and support section for users to reference.