Water Pump Pressure: Investigating Load Failure in Engine Systems

In summary, the conversation was about the pressure inside a water pump for an engine and investigating load failure. The expert suggests that there is not likely to be a significant difference between the input and output pressure of the water pump and recommends a useful website for finding information on this topic.
Eng.Naif
Hi,,
I want to ask you about how much pressure inside the water pumb for the engine??,

because I want to investigate the load failure?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Pretty vague question. In the automotive world the radiator cap will withstand about 12 PSI before the cap relieves pressure and dumps into the overflow tank. There isn't likley a lot of differential between input and output pressure of the water pump.

Thank you my friend ,,,

vague!

I can give you a usefull website where you can find about pressure inside a pump :
look at this library.
http://www.firavia.com/mecheng.html

Fluid mechanics section

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you firavia ;
it really useful library ,,,
thank you so much

1. What is the purpose of a water pump?

A water pump is used to move water from one location to another. It is commonly used in household plumbing systems, irrigation systems, and other industrial applications.

2. How does a water pump work?

A water pump works by creating pressure inside the pump, which forces water to move through the pump and out through a hose or pipe. This pressure is created by a motor or engine that drives the pump's impeller, which is a rotating disk with curved blades that push the water out.

3. What is the role of pressure inside a water pump?

The pressure inside a water pump is crucial for its functioning. It is responsible for creating the force that moves the water through the pump and out to its desired location. Without enough pressure, the pump will not be able to push the water through the system effectively.

4. How is pressure measured inside a water pump?

Pressure inside a water pump is typically measured in pounds per square inch (psi) or bar. This is a measure of the force exerted by the water on a given surface area. A pressure gauge is usually attached to the pump to display the pressure reading.

5. What factors can affect the pressure inside a water pump?

The pressure inside a water pump can be affected by several factors, including the size and power of the pump, the speed of the motor or engine, the condition of the pump's internal components, and the resistance of the water system it is pumping into. Changes in any of these factors can impact the pressure and performance of the pump.