Where can I find Michael Artin Algebra solutions?

• Thread starter Frion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra
In summary, the speaker is having difficulty finding solutions to the textbook they are using for self-study. They are disappointed with the person who recommended the book and are concerned about the possibility of producing incorrect answers. They also mention that the textbook is highly-regarded and is used in the Harvard abstract algebra course. They suggest using specific keywords on Google to find solutions.
Frion
I can't find them anywhere. No solution manual, no courses that used the textbook and then posted solutions, nothing. At the same time, the author leaves some important results in the exercises. I like the writing style and so far I'm not having inordinate trouble with the problems, but I'm now pretty unhappy with the person who recommended this book as "good for self-study". I am no stranger to the problem where one produces a wrong answer and doesn't know enough to realize that the answer is wrong.

I'm surprised that I cannot find any courses that use this highly-regarded textbook.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hoping somebody might know anything about this.

well the harvard abstract algebra course that have videos available online uses this book..

If you really want some, use google keywords. Like

site:edu artin + algebra + solutions + filetype:pdf

It is possible that the solutions to the exercises are not readily available online, as the author may have chosen to reserve them for use in a classroom setting. However, there are still steps you can take to ensure that you are understanding the material correctly and producing accurate solutions. First, you can reach out to other students or colleagues who have also used this textbook for self-study and discuss your solutions with them. This can help you identify any errors and gain a better understanding of the material. Additionally, you can seek out online forums or study groups dedicated to this textbook, where you may be able to find discussions and explanations of the exercises. Finally, if you are still struggling, I would recommend reaching out to the author directly for guidance or clarification on any particularly challenging exercises. Remember, self-study can be a challenging but rewarding process, and it is important to actively seek out resources and support to ensure success.

What is Michael Artin Algebra?

Michael Artin Algebra is a book written by mathematician Michael Artin, which is widely used as a textbook for introductory algebra courses at the college level.

Why do I need solutions for Michael Artin Algebra?

Solutions for Michael Artin Algebra provide a way for students to check their work and understand the steps to solve problems in the book. They can also serve as a study aid for exams.

Where can I find Michael Artin Algebra solutions?

Michael Artin Algebra solutions can be found in various places such as online forums, websites, or through your college or university's math department. You can also purchase a solutions manual for the book.

Are Michael Artin Algebra solutions reliable?

The reliability of Michael Artin Algebra solutions depends on the source. It is important to check the credibility and accuracy of the solutions before using them to ensure they are correct.

Can I use Michael Artin Algebra solutions as a replacement for studying?

No, Michael Artin Algebra solutions should not be used as a replacement for studying. They are meant to supplement your learning and understanding of the material, not replace it.