Induced voltage of magnet of two like charges

In summary, the student is asking for an explanation of the difference in induced voltage between one magnet and two magnets of like charges, and between one magnet and two magnets of opposite poles. The data shows a decrease in voltage when two like poles are attached, and an even larger decrease when opposite poles are attached. The student is asking for an explanation for these results.
acquaazman

Homework Statement

1. compare the induced voltage of the attached magnet ( two like charges) with the induced voltage of one magnet only?

2.compare the induced voltage of attached magnet (opposite poles) with one with only one magnet

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

okay for the first q , my data shows that v(one magnet) = -0.313 v and v(attached magnet , two like poles)= 0.068v can u explain this to me?

as for the 2nd q , the v(one magnet) =-0.313 and v(attached magnet , two different poles) = -0.527v can u explain this to me too?

Physics news on Phys.org
acquaazman said:

Homework Statement

1. compare the induced voltage of the attached magnet ( two like charges) with the induced voltage of one magnet only?

2.compare the induced voltage of attached magnet (opposite poles) with one with only one magnet

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

okay for the first q , my data shows that v(one magnet) = -0.313 v and v(attached magnet , two like poles)= 0.068v can u explain this to me?

as for the 2nd q , the v(one magnet) =-0.313 and v(attached magnet , two different poles) = -0.527v can u explain this to me too?

Welcome to the PF.

Were there supposed to be attached figures with this showing the magnet geometries?

What is Induced Voltage?

Induced voltage is the voltage generated in a conductor when it is exposed to a changing magnetic field.

What is the Induced Voltage of a Magnet of Two Like Charges?

The induced voltage of a magnet of two like charges is the voltage induced in a conductor when two like magnetic poles are brought near it.

How is the Induced Voltage Calculated?

The induced voltage is calculated using Faraday's law of induction, which states that the induced voltage is equal to the negative rate of change of magnetic flux through the conductor.

What Factors Affect the Induced Voltage of a Magnet of Two Like Charges?

The induced voltage of a magnet of two like charges is affected by the strength of the magnetic field, the speed at which the magnetic field changes, and the distance between the conductor and the magnetic field source.

What are Some Real-world Applications of Induced Voltage of a Magnet of Two Like Charges?

Some real-world applications of induced voltage of a magnet of two like charges include power generation in electric generators, induction cooktops, and magnetic levitation trains.