500 posts in 2.5 years that makes me a

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary: I just wanted to confirm :)In summary, Rhody has been a member for 7 years and has posted 378 posts. She has a lot of posts left to reach 500. She is approaching 5000 posts in one year.
rhody
Gold Member
When Greg changed the members list awhile ago to show only members with 500 posts (I just looked and it appears he changed it back), I thought, hmm... how close am I to that magic number, and it turned out (at that time) I had quite a few to go to break 500. I did it this morning, and it took me about 2.5 years. I guess that doesn't make me a post whore, right ?

Posts Per Day: 0.63

Rhody... :blushing:

P.S. Make that a little over two years... I lurked for quite awhile too, and lurkers can't be contributors... it's early and I am not quite awake...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats! You're definitely not a post whore, makes my 6.0 posts per day seem a little obsessive...

I joined 8 years ago (:eek:!) and I'm still only approaching 2000 posts. This is primarily because GD posts don't count. I remember when we used to be rated along the EM spectrum based on the post-count. I think I had made it to "microwave" before that was discontinued.

I joined a year earlier than you did but have only 378 as of now. Reading some of these posts make you feel very ignorant and often you are too intimidated to post anything.

I'm approaching 5000 posts in one year. A bit obsessive, no? :biggrin:

*following Rhody's logic* Let me see.. 0.25 posts/day, that is 1 post/4days... :rofl: I'm definitely an old lady :rofl:
Congrats Rhody :)

4 posts a day for seven years..does that make me into a post whore, or just a pathetic b*tch?
:confused:

I have 100,000 uncounted posts in GD.

drizzle said:
*following Rhody's logic* Let me see.. 0.25 posts/day, that is 1 post/4days... :rofl: I'm definitely an old lady :rofl:

Congrats Rhody :)

Hey, I wasn't out to skewer anybody, I was making a self-observation only !

Rhody... o:)

Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
I remember when we used to be rated along the EM spectrum based on the post-count

That's an awesome idea, it's a shame that it is no longer in use here.

/I would be sky blue at the time of this post.

Evo said:

What else to expect, from our Goddess?
Your influence is vast, yet subtle..
:smile:

rhody said:
Hey, I wasn't out to skewer anybody

Rhody... o:)
I don't get that. :confused:

I think I'm around 15

arildno said:
I don't get that. :confused:
No big deal, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings that's all.

Rhody...

Evo said:
Evo,

I know I have spent more time lately in GD and the other uncounted forums, is there any way you can run those stats for me ? If I were a betting man I would say 2000 - 2500.

Rhody... :smile:

Congrats!

Well,I've just crossed the double digit...It'll be long way to 500.

tenchotomic said:
Well,I've just crossed the double digit...It'll be long way to 500.
Just remember tencho, posts in general discussion, don't count.

Rhody...

3200 posts since September 15 of last year...

rhody said:
Just remember tencho, posts in general discussion, don't count.

Rhody...

Yeah I quite know that!

1. What is the significance of reaching 500 posts in 2.5 years?

Reaching 500 posts in 2.5 years is a significant accomplishment for a scientist as it shows consistent dedication and productivity in their field of study. It also demonstrates a strong commitment to sharing their research and findings with the scientific community.

2. How many posts per year does it take to reach 500 posts in 2.5 years?

To reach 500 posts in 2.5 years, a scientist would need to average 200 posts per year or approximately 16.7 posts per month.

3. Does the quality of the posts matter in this achievement?

While the number of posts is important, the quality of the posts is also crucial in this achievement. A scientist's work should be well-researched, accurate, and contribute to the advancement of their field.

4. How does reaching 500 posts in 2.5 years benefit the scientist?

Reaching 500 posts in 2.5 years can benefit a scientist in several ways. It can enhance their reputation and credibility in the scientific community, increase their visibility and reach, and potentially lead to collaborations and new opportunities.

5. Is it common for scientists to reach 500 posts in 2.5 years?

It depends on the field of study and the individual scientist's research focus and productivity. Some scientists may reach 500 posts in 2.5 years, while others may take longer. It is more important to focus on the quality and impact of the posts rather than the quantity.