Complex Number RLC Series Parallel Voltage and Current Supply

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding the values for source impedances using given formulas and determining the current in a loop with a voltage source. The participants also discussed converting the angular frequency into hertz for accuracy.
badsanta010
Hi Everyone.

I have been looking at this questions for a while now and have just hit a brick wall.

I have found the source impedances using the the following

Z of Current source = 1KΩ - jXC

=1000 - j4000Ω = 4123<-75.96°

Z of Voltage source = 4KΩ + jXL

= 4000 + j1000Ω = 4123<14.04°

Correct ?

But from here I am not sure how to approach determining the current I2.

Any kind of guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 455
Physics news on Phys.org
how did you got your value for Xc ?

Plus ! you can use KVL in the loop having voltage source !

lazyaditya said:
how did you got your value for Xc ?

Using the following formula:

1/jwC

=1/j(25K rads/sec)(10nF)

Thanks

shouldn't the angular frequency should be converted into hz ?

I could'nt be sure but I assumse that when the formula states Omega it uses its standard form.

i think we need to convert it !

1. What is a complex number RLC series parallel voltage and current supply?

A complex number RLC series parallel voltage and current supply is an electrical circuit that consists of resistors, inductors, and capacitors connected in a series-parallel configuration. It is used to supply voltage and current to a circuit and is represented by a complex number, which includes both a real and imaginary component.

2. What is the purpose of using a complex number in this type of circuit?

The complex number in a RLC series parallel circuit allows for the analysis and understanding of both the magnitude and phase of the voltage and current in the circuit. This is important in understanding the behavior of the circuit and how it will respond to different inputs.

3. How is the voltage and current calculated in a complex number RLC series parallel circuit?

The voltage and current in a complex number RLC series parallel circuit can be calculated using Ohm's Law, Kirchhoff's Laws, and complex number arithmetic. The real component of the complex number represents the DC or steady state values, while the imaginary component represents the AC or varying values.

4. What are the advantages of using a complex number RLC series parallel circuit?

There are several advantages of using a complex number RLC series parallel circuit, including its ability to accurately model and analyze the behavior of linear circuits, its ability to handle both AC and DC signals, and its simplicity in representing complex circuits.

5. How is a complex number RLC series parallel circuit different from a simple RLC circuit?

A simple RLC circuit only consists of a resistor, inductor, and capacitor connected in a series or parallel configuration. In contrast, a complex number RLC series parallel circuit includes both a real and imaginary component, making it more versatile and allowing for the analysis of both steady-state and varying signals.