Reporting on the elections in Iraq

• News
  • Thread starter Hurkyl
  • Start date
In summary, a recent article criticized European media for their overwhelmingly negative coverage of the Iraqi election, while Arab media, including Al Jazeera, was much more positive and optimistic. One person in the conversation also believes that the Guardian newspaper's coverage is even more biased than Fox News. The conversation also brings up the idea of European progress, which is linked to a forum discussion about physics.
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
An article I read this morning was critcizing European coverage on the Iraqi election. It condemned European media of being almost entirely negative about the process, despite Arab media (even Al Jazeera) being very positive and optimistic about it.

I don't follow either news media, are these true?

Physics news on Phys.org
If its not true than a hobby horse doesn't have a hickory dick.

Hurkyl said:
An article I read this morning was critcizing European coverage on the Iraqi election. It condemned European media of being almost entirely negative about the process, despite Arab media (even Al Jazeera) being very positive and optimistic about it.

I don't follow either news media, are these true?

Oh i believe it, at least in the case of the guardian, that paper makes al jazeera look like Fox. really.

But we all know what european progress is: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=61995

1. What is the current status of the election results in Iraq?

The election results in Iraq are still being finalized and are not yet official. However, preliminary results show that the incumbent Prime Minister, Mustafa al-Kadhimi, is leading in the polls.

2. How were the elections conducted in Iraq?

The elections in Iraq were conducted in a multi-party system, where voters could choose from a list of candidates representing different political parties. The elections were held using a proportional representation system, meaning seats in parliament are allocated based on the percentage of votes a party receives.

3. What challenges were faced in reporting on the elections in Iraq?

There were several challenges faced in reporting on the elections in Iraq, including security concerns, logistical difficulties, and restrictions on media coverage. Additionally, there were reports of voter intimidation and fraud which may have affected the results.

4. How has the international community responded to the Iraqi elections?

The international community has largely expressed support for the Iraqi elections, with many countries and organizations calling for a fair and transparent process. However, there have also been concerns raised about the reported irregularities and violence surrounding the elections.

5. What impact will the election results have on Iraq's future?

The election results in Iraq will have a significant impact on the country's future, as they will determine the leadership and direction of the government for the next four years. The outcome of the elections will also have implications for Iraq's relationships with other countries and its efforts towards stability and development.