Engineering mathematics text beyond Kreyzig

In summary: Complex type of problems might mean something different to you than it does to me. I would recommend checking out some of the more advanced books on engineering mathematics if you are looking for something more in-depth.
ajayguhan
i'm a mechanical engineer student, 1st year.

currently follwing erwin kreyzig, I am intersted in solving complex type of problems but couldn't find much in erwn kreyzig. it has only beginninng level easy questions.

is there a book that you can suggest which has tough and complex engineering mathematics problem...?

thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not clear what you mean by 'complex type of problems'. More information about the type of problem you are looking for would be helpful.

Kreyszig has gone thru several editions, but at one time it was a popular text for higher level engineering mathematics, like complex analysis and vector calculus.

Have you tried Mary Boas, "Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences"? It's a bit dated, but there seem to be a variety of different problems in this book. If you are a diligent searcher, you can find a copy online.

by complex type, i mean the problems which is twisted and generally based on different concepts to solve it.
for example like jee advanced and main problems ...

I'm surprised that you're a first year engineering student and you find Kreyszig too easy. Most of the topics in Kreyszig (vector calculus, partial differential equations, Fourier transforms, complex analysis, etc.) are well beyond anything I learned in first year...

That being said, Kreyszig isn't meant to teach you all the math you would ever need to know as an engineer, it's meant as an overview of some of the most important areas of math to an engineer. If you want something more advanced than Kreyszig, you're going to want to specialize. For example, if you need to know about partial differential equations and you find Kreyszig isn't detailed enough for you or the problems aren't difficult enough, then you would buy a partial differential equations book. If you want some advanced control systems problems which use complex analysis, then you would buy a control systems book.

I really doubt you're going to find a single book which gives you really advanced math problems in all the areas engineers deal with. Such a book would be enormous.

Thank you

1. What is the purpose of studying "Engineering mathematics text beyond Kreyzig"?

The purpose of studying "Engineering mathematics text beyond Kreyzig" is to gain a deeper understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and their applications in the field of engineering. This includes topics such as complex analysis, differential equations, and linear algebra, which are essential for solving complex engineering problems and designing innovative solutions.

2. Is this text suitable for beginners in engineering mathematics?

No, this text is not suitable for beginners in engineering mathematics. It assumes a strong foundation in basic mathematical concepts and a solid understanding of calculus, as well as prior knowledge of engineering principles and applications.

3. Are there any specific topics covered in this text that are particularly relevant to engineering?

Yes, this text covers several topics that are highly relevant to engineering, such as Fourier series and transforms, partial differential equations, and vector calculus. These topics are essential for modeling and analyzing various engineering systems and phenomena.

4. What makes "Engineering mathematics text beyond Kreyzig" different from other engineering math textbooks?

This text stands out for its comprehensive coverage of advanced topics in engineering mathematics and its focus on practical applications. It also includes numerous real-world examples and exercises to help students apply the concepts they learn.

5. Can this text be used as a reference book for practicing engineers?

Yes, this text can serve as a valuable reference for practicing engineers who need to refresh their knowledge of advanced mathematical concepts or learn new techniques for solving engineering problems. It provides a thorough and in-depth treatment of these topics, making it a useful resource for professionals in the field.