How do voltage-divider & current-divider work; physically?

• Thread starter leoflc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, voltage-divider and current-divider are used in electronic circuits to reduce voltage or current for specific components. They work based on Ohm's Law, using resistors in specific values to divide the voltage or current. This is achieved by connecting the resistors in series to create a voltage or current division ratio. The output of these dividers is affected by the resistor values and total resistance in the circuit, as well as changes in input voltage or current. These dividers can be used in a variety of electronic circuits, including power supplies, amplifiers, and sensor circuits.
leoflc
Hi, can anyone explain to me how voltage-divider and current-divider work physically? Like in terms of forces, fields, potentials of charges... etc..

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
leoflc said:
Hi, can anyone explain to me how voltage-divider and current-divider work physically? Like in terms of forces, fields, potentials of charges... etc..
Thank you!

More like using Ohm's law, no ?

Yeah.. I know how to use and solve the them.
But I'm just not quite understand how do they work physically.

Thanks.

1. How are voltage-divider and current-divider used in electronic circuits?

Voltage-divider and current-divider are used to reduce the voltage or current in a circuit. They are commonly used in electronic circuits to provide a specific voltage or current to a specific component.

2. What is the principle behind voltage-divider and current-divider?

The principle behind voltage-divider and current-divider is based on Ohm's Law, which states that the voltage across a resistor is directly proportional to the current flowing through it. By using resistors with specific values, the voltage or current can be divided as needed.

3. How do voltage-divider and current-divider physically divide the voltage or current?

Voltage-divider and current-divider divide the voltage or current by using a series of resistors. The resistors are connected in a way that the total resistance in the circuit creates a voltage or current division ratio according to Ohm's Law.

4. What factors affect the output of a voltage-divider and current-divider?

The output of a voltage-divider and current-divider is affected by the values of the resistors used, as well as the total resistance in the circuit. Changes in the input voltage or current can also affect the output.

5. Can voltage-divider and current-divider be used in any electronic circuit?

Yes, voltage-divider and current-divider can be used in a wide range of electronic circuits. They are commonly used in power supplies, amplifiers, and sensor circuits to provide specific voltages or currents to different components.