Any recommendation about Microelectronic Fabrication?

There is an EE class on Integrated Microelectronic Devices, and an ME class on Microelectromechanical Systems which you may find interesting. In summary, the speakers are discussing resources for online tutorials and discussion forums related to IC fabrication and MEMS. Some suggestions are to use a search engine to find tutorials and to check MIT's OpenCourseWare website for classes specifically on these topics.
walkinginwater
Hi, dear all:
I am a newbie in EE, now I am studying some courses related to IC fabrication and MEMS. I have the book : "The Science and Engineering of Microelectronic Fabrication" by Stephen A. Campbell. I am really wanted to know are there any online tutorial materials and discussion forums for me?
Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
For online tutorials, just use your favorite http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_search.htm [Broken] and plug in key words like: "Integrated circuit", fabrication, & tutorial. I tried it and saw some really useful URLs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked to see what MIT's OpenCourseWare ( http://ocw.mit.edu ) has?

there is nothing about that!

@ walkingwater

Hi! Go through the MIT OCW site there is lots of information there.

Fabrication and Microelectronic devices are dwelt upon quite nicely.

1. What is Microelectronic Fabrication?

Microelectronic Fabrication is the process of creating small electronic devices and components on a microscopic scale. It involves various techniques such as lithography, etching, deposition, and packaging to produce integrated circuits, sensors, and other electronic devices.

2. Why is Microelectronic Fabrication important?

Microelectronic Fabrication is important because it allows for the production of smaller, faster, and more efficient electronic devices. This has led to advancements in various industries such as healthcare, telecommunications, and transportation. It also plays a crucial role in the development of new technologies and innovations.

3. What are the common materials used in Microelectronic Fabrication?

The most common materials used in Microelectronic Fabrication are silicon, metals (such as gold, copper, and aluminum), and various types of polymers. These materials are chosen for their electrical, mechanical, and thermal properties, as well as their compatibility with the fabrication processes.

4. What are the challenges in Microelectronic Fabrication?

One of the main challenges in Microelectronic Fabrication is the continuous push for smaller and more complex devices while maintaining high levels of precision and reliability. This requires advanced techniques and equipment, as well as extensive research and development. Another challenge is the cost of production, as the fabrication processes can be expensive and time-consuming.

5. What are the future developments in Microelectronic Fabrication?

The future developments in Microelectronic Fabrication are focused on pushing the limits of miniaturization, increasing processing speeds, and reducing power consumption. This includes the use of new materials, such as graphene and carbon nanotubes, as well as the development of new fabrication techniques, such as 3D printing and self-assembly. There is also a growing emphasis on environmentally friendly and sustainable fabrication processes.