Israeli forces massacre protesters in Rafah (2)

• News
  • Thread starter pelastration
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forces
In summary, the Israeli army raided a UN agency office in the West Bank and threatened and detained an official there for three hours.
pelastration
Gun battles erupt in Rafah as Sharon unveils revised Gaza withdrawal plan

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=2&article_id=4192

During a Cabinet discussion Sunday, Justice Minister Yosef Lapid, of the centrist Shinui Party, called for a halt to the demolitions in Gaza, and said the TV images from Rafah reminded him of the suffering of his family during World War II.

Lapid, a Holocaust survivor, insisted he was not likening army actions to Nazi policies.

However, he said the picture of an elderly woman searching for medication in the rubble of a home razed by Israel in the Rafah camp reminded him of his grandmother.

Infuriated Cabinet colleagues said that even if unspoken, the analogy was clear, and demanded he retract his comments.

"I am talking about an old woman on all fours looking for her medicine in the rubble of her home and I thought about my grandmother," he later told Israel Army Radio.

Lapid, a native of what is now Yugoslavia, spent part of World War II in the Budapest ghetto and lost many relatives, including one grandmother and his father, in the Holocaust. He immigrated to Israel in 1948 when he was 17.

In a radio interview, Lapid also said that the army is considering demolishing some 2,000 homes in Rafah to expand a patrol road between the camp and the border with Egypt. Military officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed for the first time that they are exploring plans involving the demolition of 700 to 2,000 homes.

"We look like monsters in the eyes of the world," Lapid told Israel Radio. "This makes me sick."

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lapid says Rafah images reminiscent of grandmother

Justice Minister makes remarks during cabinet session, says house demolitions are inhumane, un-Jewish. Stresses he did not compare Israel to Nazis. by Ilil Shahar

http://www.maarivintl.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=article&articleID=7748

Justice Minister Yosef “Tommy” Lapid had harsh words for the government at this morning’s cabinet meeting: “On TV I saw an old woman rummaging through the ruins of her house looking for her medication, and it reminded me of my grandmother who was thrown out of her house during the Shoah (Holocaust)”.

“The destruction of homes must stop because it is inhuman, un-Jewish, and causes us great harm around the world”, Lapid added. “In the end we’ll be kicked out of the UN, we’ll be put on trial in The Hague [seat of the International Court of Justice], and no one will want to have anything to do with us. It’s simply unreasonable to pick up the paper and read about plans to destroy 2,000-3,000 homes in order to widen the Philadelphi route. It’s clear that after the first 100 homes the world will stop us”.

In response, Foreign Minister Shalom and Finance Minister Netanyahu attacked Lapid saying that those kinds of statements are unacceptable, and that he must recant.

Lapid responded by saying “I did not compare Israel to Germany or to the Nazis, but what I did say was that there is no way to atone for the suffering caused to an old and helpless woman”.

Israeli troops raid a UN agency office in the West Bank!

Also in the West Bank Israel seems to look for tunnels in the UN office.

Israeli Army Raids Agency Office, Detains Official, U.N. Says

http://www.whiotv.com/news/3336926/detail.html [Broken]

The U.N. said Israeli troops raided an agency office in the West Bank and threatened and detained an official there for three hours.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency office in Jenin is in charge of providing aide to Palestinian refugees.

The U.N. said soldiers fired a shot as they broke into the office. It said a senior project manager was blindfolded, handcuffed and threatened while being detained.

The Israeli military had no immediate comment and was checking the allegation.

The U.N. said it's the second time Israeli soldiers broke into the Jenin office. In November 2002, an Israeli soldier shot and killed a U.N. project manager during a gunfight at the Jenin refugee camp. The army apologized.

Last edited by a moderator:
The MOTHER OF ALL TANKS (How Insane Is This!)

Imagine, fighting this BASTARD of a TANK with rocks! **** ME DEAD!
http://www.smh.com.au/ftimages/2004/05/23/1085250866818.html

Overkill?

Last edited:
Nommos Prime (Dogon) said:
Imagine, fighting this BASTARD of a TANK with rocks! **** ME DEAD!
http://www.smh.com.au/ftimages/2004/05/23/1085250866818.html

Overkill?

No kidding, I can't believe it! And what the heck, I mean...look they're so desperate they're willing to let tunnels be built under their homes for 50k a day just to get more rocks in from Egypt! Gawd! If only they were allowed to live in a rockier region they wouldn't have to build tunnels, smuggle rocks and have their homes destroyed! Aaagh! It just makes me so mad I think I'm going to pee myself.

Yeah, they have 50k/day to spend...

A Tank Like That In Your Hometown

Hey KAT, I REALLY HOPE that one day some Palestinians acquire some decent weaponary.

And then;
I hope a tank like that rocks up on your doorstep and lobs a few shells at your son/daughter (in the middle of the night), and then sprays you with machine-gun fire.

No, really, I DO HOPE THAT...

Now that's a bit harsh. I like freedom of speech. People should be able to say whatever they like, no matter how incredibly delusional and stupid it is, without people wanting to put their body-parts in blenders.

Last edited:
Hey KAT, I REALLY HOPE that one day some Palestinians acquire some decent weaponary.

And then;
I hope a tank like that rocks up on your doorstep and lobs a few shells at your son/daughter (in the middle of the night), and then sprays you with machine-gun fire.

And I hope you cool down a bit. Kat told us in the past that she had some people (friends?) directly victim of terror. I wish kat a peacefull life.

I don't want this thread to be closed a second time.
Zero, IMO the first time too fast.

To me the fact that the Israeli Justice Minister "Tommy" is stating his anger in public is significant. His personal emotions are involved, not just a political move.

Last edited:
kat said:
I mean...look they're so desperate they're willing to let tunnels be built under their homes for 50k a day just to get more rocks in from Egypt!

Some photo's on the tunnels: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/middle_east/04/gazas_tunnels/html/1.stm

If they are so desperate why not think about this:
Yes Israel has the right to defend. But have Palestinians a similar right to defend their land, properties and families? Yes or No?

Ofcourse they do. But they choose the wrong tactic: terrorism.

Yes they do but I am not so sure that the gas chambers need to be fired up again. Can some one give me a link to the history of the area? I can not seem to get anything good when I Google for it. Who's land is it to begin with?

ptex said:
Yes they do but I am not so sure that the gas chambers need to be fired up again. Can some one give me a link to the history of the area? I can not seem to get anything good when I Google for it. Who's land is it to begin with?
Maybe try with this UN link. A lot of maps included.
http://www.un.org/Depts/dpa/ngo/history.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

Last edited:
Naive, at best.

And then;

Really, you people need to leave my children out of your conversations. Maybe I hope that someday you will wake up early in the morning, just as the sun rises and realize that your brother had hung out the night before with his friends and got caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time, then dumped off in front of your home still twitching, no arms or legs left and his dick shoved in his mouth. Maybe, you will have to listen to your mother sobbing and screaming hysterically. Really, you have no clue. My daughter is named after her ARAB uncle who died just like this. Perhaps we don't need you to remind us of what it's like.

But just to clue you in, the only way Palestinians will gain decent weaponry is if some europian country gives it to them. Because NO Arab country will ever arm these people enough to do more then create enough anger and tragedy for the Israeli's for them to hang themselves. Because, NO arab country will ever take a chance of having them turn on them, and NO arab country really gives two ****s about these people, you only have to see how they treat them in their countries. They only use them for pawns, each having their own goals and interests and NONE of it concerns the well being of the Palestinians. The only way Palestinians will ever get peace is to stop being ARAB PAWNS and get rid of AraRAT and all of the other bad boys who also don't give a **** about the people only their causes or their own pockets filled by foreigners and arabs from other countries. Israel would give them peace, but NEVER as long as they cannot feel safe to turn their backs on them. Who is stupid enough to allow someone who constantly calls for your total annihlation and destruction to arm and attack you, killing your pregnant woman and small children? and who really is so stupid to think that even with the end of Israeli's existence other Arab countries will let these people live any better in Palestine then they allow them to live in their own countries? I mean after all, don't you KNOW Palestine is NOT Palestine, another country but... it IS greater Syria and an part of the Caliphate.

Crying tears for Kat?

Kat thinks that its funny that the Palestinian (women and children, as well as men, are dying like flies). She does. Shes made it quite clear in many of her posts. She agrees that this is just.

I think people like her need a wake-up call, (being a return of the aggression endorsed by her, and people like her). They need to experience the darkness of it…

I’ve seen war and murder firsthand in its most unkind forms. I have been overwhelmed by a mate’s injuries from the Bali “terrorist” incident, as he cried his guts out…
I HAVE seen, smelt and touched death (and I assure you, it is NOT an experience I usually wish upon people). However, people like KAT (WHO NEVER HAVE), need to get real. Maybe her pet Labrador was a victim of Terror (What crap).

Leave your children out of it? "Adults" like you, put them SQUARELY in it...

To quote the Manic Street Preachers;
"IF YOU TOLERATE THIS, THEN YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT".

Another thing; Kat claims Palestine isn't Palestine?

Ok.
Well the USA is certainly not the USA (weren't the Indians exterminated by you guys?) That was a lot more recent than the Bull**** you're trying to argue above.

We did the same here in Australia (exterminated the Aborigines).

Notice a common theme?
EXTERMINATION of native peoples...

Last edited:
You are naive at best, and rude ignorant at worst. Syria does not recognize Palestine as Palestine, just as it did not recognize Lebanon as a separate state, it is ALL Syria. Arafat has said as much in the past as well. You have a fictional two sided war going on, when in fact it is not at all two sided.
And the men who hide amongst women and children with weapons that are definitely NOT rocks are killing Israeli soldiers while in their mighty tanks, which brings return fire and then Civilians are killed. BOTH are guilty, and your concentrating on only Israeli's ignores the reality of the situation. Certain Arab countries will never allow there to be peace between the Palestinians and the Israeli's, Syria being the MOST guilty.
Why are there tunnels coming from egypt? Why is Egypt allowing weapons to be passed through tunnels. It is their responsibility to protect this as part of the peace agreement. Why are they not doing their part? Why is syria supporting terrorist organizations in both Palestine and Israel. Why do you people concentrate so much on Israel against Palestinians and yet ignore the horrid situation of Palestinians in other countries at the hands of their Arab brothers? Why do you ignore Syria's treatment of peoples in Lebanon? and their continued OCCUPATION?~!
Give me a break YOU are the ONE who has blinders. Thats why I MOCK YOU. It's not funny, not at all to me. But to YOU it's another day of well hidden ignorance, spreading more lies and half truths to nobodies benefit but your own egos.

ptex said:
Can some one give me a link to the history of the area? I can not seem to get anything good when I Google for it. Who's land is it to begin with?

Ptex, here is another interesting overview, propably more easy to consult and more visual oriented and extra information on the major players.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/middle_east/2001/israel_and_the_palestinians/default.stm

What happened in the Israeli forces massacre in Rafah?

On August 1, 2014, during the Israeli-Gaza conflict, Israeli forces launched a military operation in Rafah, a city in the southern Gaza Strip. This operation resulted in the deaths of at least 135 Palestinians, including 75 civilians, and the displacement of thousands of people.

Why did the Israeli forces attack Rafah?

The Israeli forces claimed that the attack was in response to the capture of an Israeli soldier by Hamas militants. They also stated that they were targeting tunnels used by Hamas to smuggle weapons and launch attacks on Israel.

Were there any casualties in the Israeli forces massacre?

Yes, the attack resulted in the deaths of at least 135 Palestinians, including 75 civilians. Many others were injured and thousands were displaced from their homes.

How did the international community respond to the massacre?

The international community condemned the Israeli forces for their actions in Rafah. The United Nations called for an immediate ceasefire and an independent investigation into the incident. Many countries also expressed their concerns and urged for a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

Has there been any accountability for the Israeli forces involved in the massacre?

There has been no direct accountability for the Israeli forces involved in the Rafah massacre. However, the International Criminal Court has opened a preliminary investigation into war crimes committed in the Palestinian territories, including the attack in Rafah. In addition, human rights organizations continue to call for justice and accountability for the victims and their families.