Product of a sequence identities

In summary, the conversation is about finding a website that lists product identities, specifically ones involving sequences and Wallis products. The person has already searched on Google and found trig identities, but is looking for a comprehensive list of all product identities. They also mention the concept of non-trivial product identities and share a website they found that could be helpful.
eddybob123
HI, does anyone know a decent site where I can find a few product identities? I googled it, but all that came up were trig identities. I am not looking for those; I am specifically looking for product of a sequence identities: ∏

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Those are quite interesting, but not what I am looking for. I mean if there are any sites that post a full list of identities, not just specific ones. That would be very helpful.

eddybob123 said:
Those are quite interesting, but not what I am looking for. I mean if there are any sites that post a full list of identities, not just specific ones. That would be very helpful.

It's an interesting question what would constitute a "non-trivial" product identity. An additive identity [itex] \sum_{i=1}^{\infty} X_i = Y [/itex] implies a product identity [itex] \prod_{i=1}^{\infty} e^{x_i} = e^Y [/itex]. A product identity that had negative factors could not be converted back into an additive identity by taking logarithms, but there might be some other methods of transformation that would revert it to an additive identity.

What is a product of a sequence identity?

A product of a sequence identity refers to the result of multiplying together a sequence of numbers or variables. It is often denoted using the symbol ∏ (capital pi).

What are the properties of product of a sequence identities?

Some properties of product of a sequence identities include the commutative property (changing the order of the numbers does not change the result), the associative property (changing the grouping of the numbers does not change the result), and the identity property (multiplying by 1 does not change the result).

What is the difference between a product of a sequence identity and a sum of a sequence identity?

The main difference is the operation being used. A product of a sequence identity involves multiplication, while a sum of a sequence identity involves addition. Additionally, the order of numbers is important in a sum, while it does not affect the result in a product.

What are some real-life examples of product of a sequence identities?

Some examples include calculating compound interest, determining the total cost of multiple items with the same price, and finding the total distance traveled when each segment of a trip has a different length.

How can product of a sequence identities be useful in science?

In science, product of a sequence identities can be used to calculate probabilities, determine growth rates in populations, and model chemical reactions. It is also commonly used in statistics and data analysis to calculate products of probabilities or to find the product of a large data set.