Describe the universe in 15 words

• Thread starter PIT2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the universe is an existence that exists and has existed. It is a collection of events that are random.
PIT2
Id like to see how everyone here would describe the universe - your personal view of it.
But instead of giant essays, try to restrict it to a sentence with a maximum of 15 words.

*and perhaps in the end we can reach an agreement as to what is the best description

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
PIT2 said:
Id like to see how everyone here would describe the universe - your personal view of it.
But instead of giant essays, try to restrict it to a sentence with a maximum of 15 words.
*and perhaps in the end we can reach an agreement as to what is the best description
It is a totally random collection of events!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Universe = Existence exists (2 words)

The complete set of elements about which anything whatsoever could in principle be known to me.

Paul
(Sorry about the extra word.)

The object with a center of me.

That which makes me think and think that i am thinking.

Last edited:
Life would have been better without it! :P

Universe: the verse that unifies

That which is.

(Oooh, sounds a bit biblical)

Generally considered a bad move ;)

The collection of everything that exists or is believed to exist.

All that is.

Royce said:
All that is.
Would that also include All that was? All that will be? All that could be?

A collection of thoughts, where those thoughts are represented as geometrics, that are self aware.

All that is perceived and conceived within mind is commonly accepted as our universe.

All that matters.

Something.

The surface of an expanding hypersphere.

greater and more complex than you can imagine, infinitely amazing.

vast unknown - where no man has gone before.

A big stupid pointless mess

The universe is all that is in spite of whatever it is believed to be.

"the random generator of stuff" - my friend Hayser

I like to recognize it as: our playground and our prison cell.

All that has developed within the expansion born by the Big Bang

Last edited:
Sum total of all matter and energy - and their defining properties - within our light cone.

Universe: Goes down smooth everytime....

PIT2 said:

All that is.

All that is not.

All that could be or could have been.

Last edited:
1=1

All that is, has been, and will be.

I see the Universe as a trajectory from a pre-existence to some post-existence similar to the trajectory of a vase as it falls off a table and crashes to the floor. Sorry, can't get it down to 15. You did say 'try'.:wink:

The only entity which is not definable in less than 15 words ...or more.
Now don't ask me to define 'entity' :smile:

A subset of several possible realities.

Running spectral index, flat, λ-dominated, cold dark matter, slow-roll inflationary, big bang.

- Warren

PIT2 said:

The Universe: A global energy field, defined by a local observer, as Undefinable.

The universe is the answer(s) to your transcendental consciousness questions about itself. o:)