Engineering Classes: Hardest & Easiest to Get Into

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
In summary: However, in order to get into EE you typically need a GPA above 3.5, SAT scores above 1300, and an acceptance rate of less than 15%. Whereas in other engineering disciplines such as Aero or Nuclear, you don't need as high of a GPA or SAT scores, but they are still difficult to get into.
Dagenais
Generally speaking, what type of Engineering class is most difficult to get into during University?

What kind of Engineering class is easiest?

I'm talking about prior-graduate school. I heard that hardest EE, but my thought would be Nuclear?

Engineering news on Phys.org
In India it is Electronics And easiest is probably Textile Engineering or Production

Depends on what kind of hard you mean too. I've been told by folks who've been there that chemical engineering is the worst slog, but it also brings greater rewards (either financial or exciting work) than some other disciplines.

EE, Aero, and Nuclear are probably pretty close, but it depends on the specifics. This is of course why I went from aero to mechanical...

I'm assuming electronics engineer equals electrical right? And they do computers too?

Hard as in getting into. As in which one requires the highest GPA, SAT scores and lowest acceptence rates on average.

what does a mechanical engineer do? am going into engeineering next year at mcmaster university in ontraio Canada...and am not sure wut type of engineering to take?anyone got any suggestions on how exciting each one is and which one is not that hard but not that easy

Quite simply, a mechanical engineer designs, builds, tests, supports, or sells anything mechanical. Pretty broad.

One good way to see the variety of jobs available for certain fields is do a search on Monster.com for it.
I'm assuming electronics engineer equals electrical right? And they do computers too?

Hard as in getting into. As in which one requires the highest GPA, SAT scores and lowest acceptence rates on average.
Electronics engineer and electrical engineer are not necessarily the same thing. You may want to read the description of each.

As far as what is hardest to get into, very few colleges require you to declare a major until you're a sophomore - so that's not really an issue.

What are the hardest engineering classes to get into?

The hardest engineering classes to get into vary depending on the university and program. However, some commonly cited difficult classes include advanced mathematics, thermodynamics, and computer science courses. These classes often have high admission requirements and limited space, making them highly competitive for students.

What makes engineering classes difficult?

Engineering classes are often considered difficult due to their heavy course load, complex material, and high level of mathematical and technical skills required. In addition, engineering courses often have a heavy emphasis on problem-solving and critical thinking, which can be challenging for some students.

Which engineering classes are the easiest to get into?

The easiest engineering classes to get into also vary by university and program. However, some commonly cited easier classes include introductory engineering courses, such as Introduction to Engineering Design and Introduction to Computer-Aided Design. These classes typically have lower admission requirements and are open to a wider range of students.

How can I prepare for the difficulty of engineering classes?

To prepare for the difficulty of engineering classes, it is important to have a strong foundation in math and science. Additionally, practicing problem-solving and critical thinking skills can be helpful. It is also recommended to take advantage of resources such as tutoring, study groups, and office hours to better understand the material.

Are there any strategies for getting into difficult engineering classes?

Some strategies for getting into difficult engineering classes include maintaining a high GPA, completing prerequisite courses, and seeking letters of recommendation from professors. It is also helpful to have a strong understanding of the material and demonstrate a genuine interest in the subject. Additionally, some universities may offer honors programs or early registration for certain classes, which can increase the chances of getting into difficult classes.