My friends suck or I am too whiny?

• Thread starter johndude222
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary, the speaker is a university student who often feels lonely and depressed. They have a few friends who they help with academic work, but these friends do not reciprocate the friendship and often forget about the speaker when they do not need help. The speaker acknowledges that this may be a biased account, but they feel used and unappreciated by their friends. They also struggle with making new friends and have low self-esteem. Some suggest that the speaker should stand up for themselves and make new friends, while others suggest finding a new hobby or getting laid to help with depression.
Moonbear said:
We could just keep sitting here and saying, oh, yeah, it's fine and normal, and you just need to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get over it, but I think if he was able to do that on his own, he'd have already done it, don't you? I think he's asking here because he isn't able to do this on his own.

Hear, hear. This is about the wisest message I've seen in this thread!

Physics news on Phys.org
I hope this is the last thread I have to see in GD about someone who does not know how to talk to other human beings. I really think these threads should just be locked. Were not here to teach you how to open your mouth and talk to people when your an adult, learn it on your own the hard way if you must. Or go google a self help forum, buy a self help book - do something. Just stop pestering us.

Last edited:
great, now you've gone and made Cyrus angry :biggrin:.

And, I think with that, we've picked this problem to death. He said he's going to see a counselor, so I expect will get more sound advice there than from the lot of us.