CCMRR Common to Common Mode Rejection Ratio

In summary, the conversation is about common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and its variations, including common-to-common mode rejection (CCMRR), common-to-differential mode rejection (CDMRR), and differential-to-common mode rejection (DCMRR). The conversation also mentions the use of twisted differential pair cabling and the importance of these parameters in predicting how much of the common mode signal at the input will be passed to the output. A website is referenced where someone demonstrates how to measure and calculate these parameters for balanced line drivers.
icthyus
I understand Common-mode rejection ratio. I do not however understand common-to-common Mode rejection or common to differential mode rejection or differential to common mode rejection. I am looking at this in regard to twisted differential pair cabling, specifically jacks. I can find the term here and there but no clear definitions or examples.

Engineering news on Phys.org
CCMRR is basically the same as CMRR but it's for differential output amplifiers. This parameter let's you predict how much of the common mode signal at the input will be passed to the common mode signal at the output. For a description of differential output signaling you can review this.
http://www.latticesemi.com/lit/docs/appnotes/pac/an6019.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the start. I am lookin for a technical answer though. I understand differential signaling and all. I just don't understand CCMRR the difference between DCMRR and CDMRR. Maybe someone could explain how you test for it. Any help would be appreciated.

icthyus said:
Maybe someone could explain how you test for it.
Here's a site where someone plays with balanced line drivers and makes measurments of CCMRR, CDMRR and DCMRR. He shows the formulas relating input and output common mode signals.
http://sound.westhost.com/balance.htm"

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is CCMRR?

CCMRR stands for Common to Common Mode Rejection Ratio. It is a measure of a circuit's ability to reject common mode noise, which refers to signals that are present on both inputs of a differential amplifier.

2. Why is CCMRR important in circuit design?

CCMRR is important because it determines the accuracy and precision of the output signal in a differential amplifier. A high CCMRR value indicates that the circuit is able to reject unwanted common mode noise and provide a more accurate output signal.

3. How is CCMRR calculated?

CCMRR is calculated by taking the ratio of the differential gain (the gain for differential signals) to the common mode gain (the gain for common mode signals). It is typically expressed in decibels (dB) and a higher value indicates a better rejection of common mode noise.

4. What factors can affect CCMRR?

CCMRR can be affected by a variety of factors including component tolerances, parasitic capacitances, and temperature. Additionally, the layout and design of the circuit can also impact the CCMRR value.

5. How can CCMRR be improved in a circuit?

CCMRR can be improved by using well-matched components, minimizing parasitic capacitances, and following best practices for circuit layout. Additionally, using differential amplifiers with a higher gain and lower offset can also improve CCMRR.