The universe 700 trillion light years away.

In summary, it's highly unlikely that our universe is alien to the observable universe. Based on the generally accepted models, we should expect the same cosmological characteristics throughout our universe. However, it's possible that there are causally disconnected multiverses.
SpaceGuy50
Our universe 700 trillion light years away.

Could our universe 700 trillion light years away be alien to the observable universe? Containing objects that don't exist in the observable universe for example?

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
i am sure that there are things in the observable universe that are still waiting to be discovered.

Errr... which universe 700 trillion light years away is this?

nicksauce said:
Errr... which universe 700 trillion light years away is this?

You know. The one that has those objects in it that don't exist in the observable universe.

marcus said:
You know. The one that has those objects in it that don't exist in the observable universe.

Oh,yes, that one almost forgot about that one! Why yes that one there where it has those objects in it that don't exist in the observable universe does contain objects in it that don't exist in the observable universe.
:smile:

I think what the OP was trying to say is:

In our universe 700 trillion light years away could there be objects that are different from those that we can see.

It's a big number yes, but it's possible the universe is that large. I recall reading in Lisa Randalls 'Warped Passages' yesterday that one model that she and a Greek physicist studied entertained the possibility that we are in a 3 (spatial) dimensional 'sink hole', and other non-causally connected parts of the universe might indeed by macroscopically higher dimensional.

In answer to your question, YES. Anything outside the light horizon could be very different. However, without a warp drive or a wormhole we'd never know.

We are just trying to realize vastness of 156Gly, which is suppose to be our entire universe's recently measured diameter, i see somebody jumping high, talking about even 5000 times bigger universe. In that distance there might be a different universe, who knows. But i personally believe there is only one universe at the moment.

Based on generally accepted cosmological models, it is very UNLIKELY there would be major distinctions in OUR universe just beyond our cosmological horizon. There is no widely accepted model that predicts such distinct variation in cosmological characteristics. In fact, as far as I know all models predict the SAME characteristics throughout our universe.

In other words, the light we observe each succeeding day reveals a bit more of our own cosmos, since more distant light reaches us, and the cosmic background radiation appears to reflect rather uniform, consistent, expected characteristics. Nobody has said "WOW, LOOK AT THAT! ALL OF A SUDDEN WE ARE GETTING AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT KIND OF CBR"

However, it IS possible there are causally disconnected multiverses, which might result from eternal inflation, for example, which are radically different from our own universe. In fact, if any such models are accurate it's virtually guaranteed something "alien" is out there because ALL possible variations would result...there would be literally an infinite number of all types of universes...the only ones which would not be present are those which quickly self destruct...

As for a personal opinion, I don't think we have begun to scratch the surface of what's really "out there" but likely we have a pretty good initial view within out own universe. And we also have to keep in mind virtually all "consensus science" in history has been WRONG! (from alchemy,to Earth as the center of the universe, to how dogs learn, to vitamin C preventing colds, circular planetary orbits, to Einstein's "static" universe and recently, the very existence of dark energy and dark matter...we "just" found out we know almost nothing about 95% of the energy and matter in our own universe!)

That last item makes me think maybe I should have said "not only do we not know beans about our own universe; we have no idea what we don't know"!

Last edited:

1. How do we know that the universe is 700 trillion light years away?

The distance of the universe from Earth is estimated through the use of various scientific tools and techniques such as parallax measurements, redshift, and cosmic microwave background radiation. These methods help us determine the distance and expansion rate of the universe.

2. What is the significance of the universe being 700 trillion light years away?

The vast distance of the universe is significant because it gives us a sense of the enormity and complexity of our universe. It also helps us understand the concept of time and how long it takes for light to travel such vast distances.

3. How long would it take for us to reach the universe 700 trillion light years away?

Given the current limitations of technology and the fact that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, it is impossible for us to reach the universe 700 trillion light years away in our lifetime. It would take billions of years, even at the speed of light, to reach such a distant location.

4. Can we see the universe 700 trillion light years away with a telescope?

Unfortunately, no. The universe is expanding faster than the speed of light, so light from objects that are 700 trillion light years away will never reach us. Therefore, it is impossible to see this distant universe with any telescope.

5. Is there any life in the universe 700 trillion light years away?

It is highly unlikely that there is any form of life in the universe 700 trillion light years away. The distance is simply too great for any known life forms to survive. However, the vastness of the universe and the potential for other habitable planets cannot be ruled out. Further research and exploration may provide more answers in the future.