Recommendations for Practical + Scientific Electronics Books

In summary, there are several recommendations for practical and scientific electronics books, including Microelectronic Circuits, The Art of Electronics, Analog and Digital Electronics for Scientists and Engineers, and several others. Some free resources are also suggested for further exploration.
physicsuser
anyone could recommend a practical + scientific (2 in 1) electoronics book?

I have a Microelectronic Circuits book but it is only theoretical. It teaches circuits but I want to actualy make some...

Physics news on Phys.org
The best practical electronics book out there is Horowitz and Hill !

Ummm...just my opinion.

I'd have to agree, the Art of Electronics is just about second to none. If you're completely new to electronics, you will probably need to supplement it with a more formal text on circuit analysis, but it's a great resource for ideas.

- Warren

Analog and Digital Electronics for Scientists and Engineers, Simpson --- it's got to be good --- I just reached for it, and it's the third copy to walk off from me.

Any of Lancaster's "Cookbooks." e.g., The IC Op-amp Cookbook. TTl, CMOS, Phase-locked Loops, couple others.

Transistor Circuits and Applications, Cowles.

Handbook of Electronics Calculations, Kaufman and Seidman.

Handbook of Integrated Circuit Operational Amplifiers, Rutkowski.

Operational Amplifier Circuit Design, Stout and Kaufman.

--- and, if you're looking for something really chewy, Giacoletto.

Here are some freebies to check out.

http://ibiblio.org/obp/electricCircuits/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some highly recommended practical electronics books for beginners?

Some highly recommended practical electronics books for beginners include "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III, "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk, and "Make: Electronics" by Charles Platt.

2. Are there any practical electronics books that cover both theory and hands-on projects?

Yes, there are several practical electronics books that cover both theory and hands-on projects. Some examples include "The Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill, "Electronics for Kids" by Oyvind Nydal Dahl, and "Practical Electronics: A Complete Introduction" by Andy Cooper.

3. Are there any practical electronics books specifically geared towards specific applications or industries?

Yes, there are many practical electronics books that focus on specific applications or industries. Some examples include "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk (covers applications in robotics and automation), "Practical Electronics Handbook" by Ian Sinclair (covers applications in telecommunications), and "Practical Electronics: Components and Techniques" by John M. Hughes (covers applications in audio and music).

4. Can you recommend any practical electronics books for advanced learners?

For advanced learners, some recommended practical electronics books include "Designing Analog Chips" by Hans Camenzind, "Analog Circuit Design: Art, Science and Personalities" by Jim Williams, and "The Art and Science of Analog Circuit Design" by Jim Williams and Bob Dobkin.

5. Are there any practical electronics books that cover current and emerging technologies?

Yes, there are several practical electronics books that cover current and emerging technologies. Some examples include "Make: Wearable Electronics" by Kate Hartman (covers wearable technology), "Building the Internet of Things" by Maciej Kranz (covers the Internet of Things), and "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk (covers 3D printing and other emerging technologies).