Design Contest for 3rd Year College Students (Recycling Encouraged)

In summary, the conversation discussed ideas for a design contest for 3rd year college students. The suggested designs would utilize recycled materials, such as a mouse trap car or a shop made from cast concrete pieces and PVC pipes. The speaker mentioned casting the concrete pieces themselves and using the pipes as support columns for the roof. The final design would be 12'x12' with a 9' roof, have an r-value of 70, and a fire rating of 1 hour due to its concrete composition. It was also noted that the final product could be shipped on a flatbed tractor trailer.
darkmagic
Suggest some designs that can be a contest for 3rd year college students. The materials that will be used are recycled as much as possible. For example, a mouse trap car.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm building a shop out of cast concrete pieces and 8'' schedule 80 pvc pipe donated by the city after their recent water service expansions. I'm casting all the concrete pieces myself and the pipe will serve as support columns for the roof. and everything can be shipped on a flatbed tractor trailer. it 12'x12' with a 9' roof and an r-value of 70 with a fire rating of 1 hr since it is made mostly of concrete.

What is the purpose of the design contest?

The purpose of the design contest is to encourage recycling among 3rd year college students by challenging them to come up with innovative and sustainable designs that promote recycling.

Who can participate in the design contest?

The design contest is open to all 3rd year college students, regardless of their major or field of study. Both individual students and teams are welcome to participate.

What are the criteria for judging the designs?

The designs will be judged based on their creativity, sustainability, practicality, and effectiveness in promoting recycling. The judges will also consider the feasibility of implementing the designs in real-life scenarios.

How do I submit my design for the contest?

You can submit your design by filling out the submission form on the designated website and uploading your design file. Make sure to provide a clear and detailed explanation of your design and its purpose.

What are the prizes for the winners of the design contest?

The top three winners of the design contest will receive cash prizes, as well as the opportunity to have their design implemented on their college campus. They will also be recognized and featured in various media platforms, giving them exposure and recognition for their innovative ideas.