Can cosmologist mathematicians compute all the way to absolute nothingness?

• Thread starter yrreg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Absolute
In summary, the conversation is about the limitations of mathematics in understanding the origin of the universe and whether or not cosmologists can use mathematics to compute all the way back to the point of absolute nothingness. It raises questions about the meaning of "nothing" and whether physicists are lying about their theories. The conversation also touches on the idea of predicting the future based on current knowledge of the universe.
nazarbaz, welcome to the PF. Yes I agree these very top level questions about the Universe are very difficult to grasp, perhaps in a similar way to Quantum Mechanics. Feynman said he is confident that no one understands QM, I don't know if that is an exageration.

Thanks Chalnoth I will try to understand what you have said.

Space news on Phys.org
nazarbaz said:
I suspect that we're not understanding the problem. The two solutions are not mutually exclusive, even if they are equally disturbing.
What does it mean to live in an 'eternal' universe or multiverse with no beginnings and no endings ? It could undermine the very idea of causality. And how could we conceive of a cosmos coming ex nihilo, from nothing, even if it's not the absolute void.
Very fundamental questions we can't seriously answer with notions like 'God'.
Very good. How about with the notion of the totality of existence? This is a conceptual shopping bag of cosmic dimensions where we put in everything that man can have a discourse on even just within himself. Next, we postulate that within this shopping bag there is only matter of all kinds, whether it exists in just concepts in man's mind or in the objective reality of matter outside man's mind. Even concepts in man's mind are matter. In short matter is being, or matter and being are convertible. Everything is matter even mind.

Now, mathematics is a discovery and/or invention of man's mind, mathematics is also matter. My question to the mathematicians here who are also into scientific cosmology and can understand the mathematics of scientific cosmologists is:

It is possible to compute backward all the way to nothingness so that no more matter is left, absolutely nothing paradoxically speaking remains, neither man nor his mind, absolutely no matter whatever, NOTHING left. If you can understand me, tell me without any cop out words saying nothing at all, tell me with just a yes or no.

For myself I will say no, it is impossible to compute all the way back to nothingness, no matter whatever (understanding matter and being are convertible). No mathematics can do that or no mathematician can do that unless he is into false mathematics or incoherent and inconsistent mathematics.

[ Next time I introduce a thread in the philosophy board, I will first look up a published philosopher who has some text related to my quest, then I might be able to have people in the same orientation that I am into. ]

Susma

Last edited by a moderator:
yrreg said:
Even concepts in man's mind are matter.
In short matter is being, or matter and being are convertible.
Everything is matter even mind.

The mind is an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence" .
yrreg said:
It is possible to compute backward all the way to nothingness so that no more matter is left, absolutely nothing paradoxically speaking remains, neither man nor his mind, absolutely no matter whatever, NOTHING left.

Well man's mind is only as old as man, so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human" show that particles with mass didn't exist until 1e-12 to 1e-6 seconds after the big bang.

Also please note yrreg that science and physics aren't just mathematics.

Last edited by a moderator:
yrreg said:
If you can understand me, tell me without any cop out words saying nothing at all, tell me with just a yes or no.

You don't seem to understand the basics of science, so I don't think your question is valid.

yrreg said:
It is possible to compute backward all the way to nothingness so that no more matter is left, absolutely nothing paradoxically speaking remains, neither man nor his mind, absolutely no matter whatever, NOTHING left.
The answer is no.

We do not have models that describe the universe at that level of energy. Our models break down.

The OP has been answered. Thread Locked.