Recommend to me the textbook on an inflammation, please

• Medical
  • Thread starter limarodessa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbook
In summary, inflammation is the body's natural response to protect against injury, infection, or irritation. It is important to study inflammation in order to develop treatments for various diseases and conditions and to aid in the body's healing process. Common causes of inflammation include infection, injury, toxins, chronic diseases, and lifestyle factors. One recommended textbook on inflammation is "Inflammation: Basic Principles and Clinical Correlates" by John Gallin and Ira Goldstein, which can be used as a reference for understanding the basics of inflammation and its role in different diseases. It is also helpful for students and researchers in the medical field studying inflammation and related topics.
limarodessa
Advise a textbook on an inflammation, please. I search textbook or monography of famous author. Help me please.
It is desirable edition not earlier than 2007-2008

P. S. I ask to exuse me for my bad English

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
Any standard immunology textbook should cover inflammation in good detail. Try searching for Kuby's Immunology in amazon and see if that or something similar is what you are looking for.

1. What is inflammation?

Inflammation is a natural response of the body's immune system to protect against injury, infection, or irritation. It involves an increase in blood flow to the affected area and the release of white blood cells and chemicals to help fight off potential threats.

2. Why is it important to study inflammation?

Understanding inflammation is crucial for developing treatments and medications for various diseases and conditions, such as arthritis, autoimmune disorders, and allergies. It also plays a role in the body's healing process.

3. What are some common causes of inflammation?

Inflammation can be caused by a variety of factors, including infection, injury, toxins, and chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes. It can also be triggered by lifestyle factors, such as smoking and poor diet.

4. Can you recommend a textbook on inflammation?

One highly recommended textbook on inflammation is "Inflammation: Basic Principles and Clinical Correlates" by John Gallin and Ira Goldstein. It provides a comprehensive overview of the topic and its role in various diseases.

5. How can I use the information from the textbook on inflammation?

The textbook on inflammation can be used as a reference for understanding the basics of inflammation, its causes, and its role in different diseases. It can also be helpful for students and researchers in the medical field studying inflammation and related topics.