Make Text Blink with HTML - How to Guide

• Thread starter alanveron
  • Start date
In summary, to make text blink using HTML, you can use the <code>&lt;blink&gt;</code> tag and control the speed of the blinking text by adding the <code>speed</code> attribute. However, the <code>&lt;blink&gt;</code> tag is not supported by all browsers and it is not a good practice to use it for text animation. You can also make multiple lines of text blink by using separate <code>&lt;blink&gt;</code> tags or by using the <code>&lt;marquee&gt;</code> tag. It is recommended to use CSS animations or JavaScript for text animation instead of the <code>&lt;blink&gt;</code> tag.
alanveron
HOW TO MAKE A TEXT BLINK USING HTML?
what's the command?THanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
<blink>annoying text</blink>

- Warren

admin...

i tried to type

<blink>BLINK</blink>

bit it doesn't blink at all.

Where did you type it?

- Warren

in a forum where html format is permitted

<html>
<head>
<title>Something</title>
</head>
<body>
<blink>Something</blink>
</body>
</html>

What is wrong with that code? Because it should blink but it doesn't.

Maybe they turned off the blink "feature" in the forum.

1. How do I make text blink using HTML?

To make text blink using HTML, you can use the <blink> tag. Simply wrap the text you want to blink inside this tag and it will start blinking on the page.

2. Can I control the speed of the blinking text?

Yes, you can control the speed of the blinking text by adding the speed attribute to the <blink> tag. The default speed is 500 milliseconds, but you can change it to your desired speed in milliseconds.

3. Is the <blink> tag supported by all browsers?

No, the <blink> tag is not supported by all browsers. It is an obsolete HTML tag and is no longer supported by modern browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. However, it may still work on older browsers like Internet Explorer.

4. Can I make multiple lines of text blink?

Yes, you can make multiple lines of text blink by wrapping each line inside a separate <blink> tag. You can also use the <marquee> tag to make multiple lines of text scroll and blink at the same time.

5. Is it a good practice to use the <blink> tag for text animation?

No, it is not a good practice to use the <blink> tag for text animation. It is an obsolete tag and is not supported by modern browsers. Instead, you can use CSS animations or JavaScript to achieve text animation effects.