Aircraft System Help: What is the Branch of Above?

In summary, the attached figure shows the admission system of an aircraft, where air enters through the left side and exits through a lower branch. The upper branch appears to be a closed recirculation system, while the lower branch may be a compressor. It is possible that the upper branch is for retaining particles, while the lower branch is for turbomachinery. The figure may also represent a mesh for numerical computation.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
See the attached figure. It is the admision system of an aircraft (I think it admits supersonic flight). The air enters by the left side. But I'm not sure what are these two branches. The branch of above is closed (it is a recirculation of fluid there) and the below one is opened, so the air exits by there.

Any suggestion?

I would think the branch of above seems to be the entrance to the compressor, but it is closed.

Attachments

• Sin título1.jpg
    Sin título1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 415
Physics news on Phys.org
Its tough to tell from that pic, but could it be BLEED-AIR?
Higher compression ratios imply larger temperature rises; modern engines only achieve their high compression ratios at high altitude with very cold intake air (around –54 C). When taking off in warmer air they run at lower compression ratios to keep the temperature of the compressed air within turbine temperature limits by bleeding air away from the compressor stages and dumping it overboard.

Thanks for trying it. After being afraid for that, I have telephoned to one classmate and he has cleared me it up. The higher branch is some closed device for retaining undesired and strange particles. The lower one goes into the turbomachinery.

Anyway, thanks russ. It is a mesh for numerical computation.

1. What is the branch of above?

The branch of above refers to the study and development of aircraft systems, including their design, operation, and maintenance.

2. Why is aircraft system help important?

Aircraft system help is important because it ensures the safe and efficient operation of aircraft, which is crucial for the safety of passengers and crew members.

3. How are aircraft systems designed?

Aircraft systems are designed using a combination of engineering principles, computer-aided design software, and extensive testing and analysis.

4. What are some examples of aircraft systems?

Some examples of aircraft systems include propulsion systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and avionics systems.

5. What are the main challenges in aircraft system development?

The main challenges in aircraft system development include ensuring safety, meeting regulatory requirements, and balancing cost and efficiency.