Crazy Car with Huge Spoiler | Matt-D.com

• Thread starter hitssquad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car
In summary, the conversation is about a picture of a car with an exaggerated spoiler and the discussion of its practicality and design. The participants joke about it and mention a car show in Japan where similar cars were featured. One person also clarifies that they fly the car instead of driving it.
hitssquad
Not to be outdone:
http://www.matt-d.com/ghetto/spoiler.jpeg

Attachments

• spoiler.jpg
    spoiler.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3,493
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks neat, but why would anybody need a mobile diving platform? :confused:

You could put a mobile cheerleading squad on that thing. How long have you been driving that, hits?

Last edited:
i saw those on another forum, its rediculous

Ha Ha! It's made of wood! They actually braced it with what look to be 2x4s :rofl: As Comic Book Guy would say "Worst spoiler EVER!"

rest assured i was on the internet within minutes registering my discuss thoughout the world!

gotta love comic book guy... its a disgraced to all cars out there... believe or not they had a car show in Japan and its all those cars, that's where that pic came from, that show

loseyourname said:
How long have you been driving that, hits?
What makes you think I drive it?

I fly it.

1. What is the purpose of a huge spoiler on a car?

A huge spoiler on a car is typically used to create downforce, which helps to improve traction and stability at high speeds. This can be especially useful for racing or high-performance vehicles.

2. How does a huge spoiler affect a car's performance?

A huge spoiler can affect a car's performance in a few ways. It can increase downforce, which can improve traction and stability at high speeds. However, it can also increase drag, which can reduce top speed and fuel efficiency. The overall effect will depend on the design and placement of the spoiler.

3. Are there any downsides to having a huge spoiler on a car?

Yes, there can be downsides to having a huge spoiler on a car. As mentioned, it can reduce top speed and fuel efficiency due to increased drag. It can also add weight to the car, which can negatively impact handling and acceleration. Additionally, it may not be legal in some areas to have a huge spoiler on a car that is not intended for racing purposes.

4. What types of cars can benefit from a huge spoiler?

Generally, high-performance or racing cars can benefit from a huge spoiler. This includes sports cars, supercars, and even some muscle cars. However, not all high-performance cars necessarily need a huge spoiler, as other aerodynamic features such as diffusers and splitters may also be effective.

5. Can a huge spoiler be added to any car?

In theory, a huge spoiler can be added to any car. However, it may not always be practical or beneficial. The design and placement of the spoiler must be carefully considered to ensure it does not negatively impact the car's performance. It may also require modifications to the car's chassis or body, which can be costly and may not be worth it for everyday use.