What kind of image processing techniques are needed?

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on a problem in image processing. They have provided two images, one original and one impaired, and are attempting to reconstruct the impaired image to match the original. They have tried using simple morphological processes but are still struggling to find a solution. They are asking for direction and would like to discuss the problem with others.
Tah
Mod note: Fixed the links to the two images
Second mod note: the links are broken again

Hi, all

I have recently faced with an abstruse problem in image processing.

So, I would like to ask somebody's advice.

There are two images below; one is original and the other is an impaired original image.

I need to reconstruct the impaired original image as like the original, and also need to find out the center of gravity on the impaired image.

I have excogitated simple morphological processes such as dilation and erosion, but it was not enough.

Though this is a task to be solved by myself, I would like to share and discuss about this problem.

Can anybody give me a direction?
Original image

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I have removed the links, as they would not load. Tah, please provide links that will actually load.

please check these links on image processing, i think it will load and help you process all kinds of image.

1. What is image processing?

Image processing is a method of manipulating digital images using mathematical algorithms and computer software. It involves changing, analyzing, and enhancing images to improve their quality or extract useful information from them.

2. What are the main types of image processing techniques?

There are several types of image processing techniques, including image restoration, image enhancement, image compression, and image segmentation. Image restoration involves removing noise or distortions from images. Image enhancement aims to improve the visual quality of images by adjusting colors, contrast, and brightness. Image compression reduces the size of images for efficient storage and transmission. Image segmentation separates an image into different regions for further analysis.

3. What are some common applications of image processing?

Image processing has various applications in fields such as medicine, security and surveillance, remote sensing, and entertainment. It is used in medical imaging to diagnose diseases, in security cameras to detect and track objects, in satellite imagery to monitor the earth's surface, and in video games and movies for special effects.

4. What are the challenges in image processing?

One of the main challenges in image processing is the variability and complexity of real-world images. Images can have different resolutions, lighting conditions, and perspectives, making it difficult for algorithms to process them accurately. Another challenge is the processing speed, as some techniques require significant computational resources. Lastly, ensuring the privacy and security of processed images is also a challenge in certain applications.

5. What skills are needed for image processing?

To work in image processing, one needs a strong background in mathematics, specifically in linear algebra and calculus. Knowledge of programming languages like Python, MATLAB, or C++ is also essential for implementing algorithms and analyzing image data. Additionally, a good understanding of image processing techniques and their applications is necessary.