What are the best options for a free, ad-free web host with good security?

• Thread starter Rick21383
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Web
In summary, some recommendations for a decent web host include looking for one with no ads or banners. Additionally, if you have broadband, you can turn your computer into a web server by installing apache. However, beware that some free hosting services may result in a subpar website and potential hacking. It may be better to invest in a paid hosting service.
Rick21383
Any recommendations for a decent web host? If possible, i'd like to find one with no ads/banners.

Physics news on Phys.org
there are plenty of 'no ad free website' listings on google

yomamma said:
there are plenty of 'no ad free website' listings on google
What's the catch? I thought the idea of a free site and a site without ads were mutually exclusive.

the catch is that your site might suck if you don't know how to use their hosting service properly

And a lot of free sites get hacked a lot.

mine have never been hacked.

I jut deleted them because they suck and nobody goes to them

What is a web host and why do I need one?

A web host is a service that provides server space for your website to be accessible on the internet. It is necessary to have a web host in order for your website to be viewable by others.

Is it possible to find a free web host?

Yes, there are many free web hosting services available. However, these may have limited features and may display advertisements on your website.

What should I look for in a free web host?

When looking for a free web host, it is important to consider the amount of storage and bandwidth they offer, as well as any limitations on website building tools and support. Additionally, check for any hidden fees or conditions.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a free web host?

The main advantage of using a free web host is the cost savings. However, the disadvantages include limited features and support, advertisements on your website, and potential security risks.

Are there any alternatives to using a free web host?

Yes, there are paid web hosting services that offer more features and support for a fee. Additionally, you can also consider creating a self-hosted website by purchasing a domain and hosting plan from a reputable provider.