Register to reply

How to wirelessly connect laptop to TV

by trickslapper
Tags: connect, laptop, wirelessly
Share this thread:
trickslapper
Sep16-13, 02:36 PM
P: 63
Hi guys, I was wondering what is the best way to wirelessly connect my laptops to my TV? I have 3 different laptops: 2 windows 7, and one with Linux (Ubunu/Arch Linux). My TV has built in Wi-fi.

What i would like to accomplish is have my laptop(s) wirelessly connect to the television so that i can still have my laptop with me on the couch and be able to extend my screen. So i could watch netflix on the TV while chatting or doing whatever else on the laptop screen.

I have found one solution that i thought was good but, it would not support my Linux Laptop (the device is called the Imation Link).

If it helps i also plan to have a raspberry pi that is always connected to my TV just for general web surfing/video streaming. Basically i would only plug in my laptops if i was programming, playing some games, preparing a flowchart/powerpoint, etc.

Any ideas on how i could accomplish this?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
trickslapper
Sep16-13, 03:41 PM
P: 63
Well i did some research on these Warpia products but, they do not support Linux operating systems. Now i'm thinking of just having a super long hdmi cable that i just route underneath my carpet so i can't see it..
Greg Bernhardt
Sep16-13, 09:18 PM
Admin
P: 9,575
Quote Quote by trickslapper View Post
Well i did some research on these Warpia products but, they do not support Linux operating systems. Now i'm thinking of just having a super long hdmi cable that i just route underneath my carpet so i can't see it..
I used to use S-Video. Pretty cheap option. Linux compatibility is an issue for WiFi products.

skills4u
Jul14-14, 11:18 PM
P: 9
How to wirelessly connect laptop to TV

Netflix and the like is an easy fix if your tv has HDMI get the GOOGLE's Chromecast for $35 !
macuser
Jul25-14, 04:25 AM
P: 1
if u have apple tv its used wireless on the mac and tv . theres probably an android application for the wireless connect

Register to reply