Bubble from a greater dimension

In summary, it is possible that the "big bang" was not the beginning of time, but rather the end of an event that happened several times before.
Lord Draco
It is possible that the "big bang," should it ever have occurred, was actually a bubble from a greater dimension, pinched off.

It has been postulated that as matter is gathered into a black hole, it condenses and forms what could be equated to a water droplet in space-time. When that drop becomes big enough, it tears off and becomes its own entity.

Space news on Phys.org
I haven't read enough about it, or cosmology in general, to have an opinion. It's quite neat, in a freaky sort of way.

I don't know much about this either but I believe the model of the universe is a hypersphere where the singularity point of the black holes extends to the center of the universe, making it impossible to just break off and start another universe.

I personally really like the multiple universe theory

Lord Draco said:
It is possible that the "big bang," should it ever have occurred, was actually a bubble from a greater dimension, pinched off.

Possibly, but we're getting into the realm of speculation, although there are some interesting mathematical attempts to explore that question.

I think we have a lot of work left to explain what has happened within our Hubble bubble before worrying about what might have happened on the outside [assuming there is an 'outside']. It's still a non-starter for me.

Chronos said:
I think we have a lot of work left to explain what has happened within our Hubble bubble before worrying about what might have happened on the outside [assuming there is an 'outside']. It's still a non-starter for me.
I agree with this in principle. Speculation must be the operating term for this given the quality of our knowledge of these things, nevertheless, learning must begin somewhere and exploration often leads to useful knowledge.
I’ve recently wondered if time is frozen in a singularity and if so perhaps a big bang is the ‘life’ history of a black holes acquisition of matter and energy. Go ahead, laugh if you wish, but if you have some knowledge about this please share.

1. What exactly is a bubble from a greater dimension?

A bubble from a greater dimension is a hypothetical concept that suggests the existence of other dimensions beyond the three dimensions (length, width, and height) that we are familiar with. In this concept, a bubble or a pocket of space-time that has different physical laws and properties can exist in these higher dimensions.

2. Can we observe or interact with bubbles from a greater dimension?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of bubbles from a greater dimension. Therefore, we cannot observe or interact with them. However, some theories in physics, such as string theory, suggest the possibility of higher dimensions and the potential for interactions.

3. How do scientists study or research about bubbles from a greater dimension?

Scientists use mathematical models and theoretical frameworks, such as string theory and M-theory, to study the concept of higher dimensions and their potential implications. They also conduct experiments and observations to gather evidence that supports or refutes these theories.

4. What are the potential implications of bubbles from a greater dimension?

If bubbles from a greater dimension do exist, they could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. They could also potentially explain phenomena that are currently unexplained, such as dark matter and dark energy.

5. Is there any way to prove the existence of bubbles from a greater dimension?

At this point, there is no way to definitively prove the existence of bubbles from a greater dimension. However, ongoing research and advancements in technology may provide new insights and evidence to support or refute this concept in the future.