Magnetic permeability and magnetic resistance

In summary, the conversation is about a student in Ukraine asking for help with a question that involves calculating current and magnetic resistance in a steel winding on a closed core. They are also trying to find the relative magnetic permeability and magnetic resistance of different cores. The student shares three links and asks for a picture to better understand the setup. They eventually figure out the calculation and thank the person for their help.
kievstar
hi from ukraine
i'm a electronic engineering student at kiev polytechnic university
i need your helps
how can i calculate this question
The steel winding with the number of coils w= 200 is put on thr ring-like closed
core in regular intervals.The section is rectangular. The external diameter of a ring
D=16 sm, the interval diameter d=10 sm, thickness b=4 sm.Magnetic induction B in
the core have to be equal 1 T1. How will current and magnetic resistance changes,
if the nonmagnetic (air) 'interval b=0.5 mm would be made. Magnetic flux has to be
constant.Define the relative magnetic permeability and magnetic resistance of the
ferromagnetic steel and sheet steel 1512 cores, if the magnetic flux in the interval
(theta)=1.2x1/1000 Wb. Dependence B(H) for steel is approximate to a such data:
0,2(80)0,4(185)0,6(300)0,8(460)1,0(750)1,2(1500)
i find three links http://www.classictesla.com/download/indu_pt_1.pdf
http://www.classictesla.com/download/indu_pt_2.pdf
http://www.technick.net/public/code/...nce_calculator
but i couldn't calculate

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
kievstar, I don't understand the setup. Do you think you can attach a picture?

Gokul43201 said:
kievstar, I don't understand the setup. Do you think you can attach a picture?
thanks for your interest i'll attach as soon as possible

i gues one of theese is about with my question
i say guess because tehre is no given picture with questions

Attachments

• StanleyTransformer.png
    StanleyTransformer.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 439
  • 500px_Transformer3d_col3[1].svg.png
    500px_Transformer3d_col3[1].svg.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 419
Sounds like it's a square cross-section toroidal core, with ID=10cm and OD=16cm, with 300 turns of wire. The question is asking about the change in reluctance when an air gap is introduced. I don't get the part about "Magnetic induction B in the core have to be equal 1 T1." Maybe the attachments will clear that up when they get approved.

thanks so much berkeman
i found a site about the point that you say reluctance change when air gap introduced
http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Solenoids/SolenoidsBody.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone to help?:cry:

kievstar said:
anyone to help?:cry:
Oh, sorry, from your last post I thought you had it figured out. Please post your work so far, and I'll take a look at it. What part are you having trouble with? What does your textbook say about air gaps?

don't worry i calculated yesterday:rofl:
thank's for your interest:smile:

1. What is magnetic permeability?

Magnetic permeability is a measure of a material's ability to support the formation of a magnetic field within itself. It is a physical property that describes how easily a material can be magnetized.

2. How is magnetic permeability measured?

Magnetic permeability is measured in units of henries per meter (H/m) or newtons per ampere squared (N/A^2). It can be measured experimentally using a magnetic field strength meter and a sample of the material.

3. What factors affect magnetic permeability?

The factors that affect magnetic permeability include the type of material, its temperature, and the presence of impurities or defects. Generally, materials with high electrical conductivity and low resistance have a higher magnetic permeability.

4. What is magnetic resistance?

Magnetic resistance is a measure of how much a material resists the flow of magnetic flux through it. It is the inverse of magnetic permeability and is often denoted by the symbol μr.

5. How does magnetic resistance affect the strength of a magnetic field?

A material with a high magnetic resistance will hinder the flow of magnetic flux and decrease the strength of a magnetic field. Conversely, a material with a low magnetic resistance will allow for a stronger magnetic field to be generated.