A Burst of Colorful Spring Flowers

• Thread starter LasTSurvivoR
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Spring
In summary, the conversation discusses the application of l'Hospital's rule in a limit problem involving exponents. The participants suggest using the rule for expressions of the form 0/0 and ∞/∞, and also mention the possibility of using a piecewise approach in this specific problem. The final answer is determined to be 64 after considering the limit as n approaches infinity.
LasTSurvivoR
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2654/z5jc.jpg"
thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
LasTSurvivoR said:
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2654/z5jc.jpg"
thx.

Looks like this belongs in the homework section.

Are you familiar with l'Hospital's rule?

Last edited by a moderator:
yup i knew it , but how can we use it here ? no 0 / 0 or everlasting / everlasting ?

/ Sry didnt saw homework sec

No worries, just use the homework section next time.

It's beena little while, but:
[tex]0^\infty[/tex]
and
[tex]\infty^0[/tex]
are also places that you can apply l'Hospitals rule.
Let's say we have two functions:
[tex]\lim_{x \rightarrow y} f(x) \rightarrow 0[/tex]
and
[tex]\lim_{x \rightarrow y} g(x) \rightarrow \infty[/tex]

Then
[tex]\lim_{x \rightarrow y} g(x)^{f(x)}=\lim_{x \rightarrow y} e^{f(x) \ln(g(x))}[/tex]
And the exponent there is of the form:
[tex]0 \times \infty[/tex]

You don't need to use l'hopital. Try pulling out the 7*8^n from inside the ().

NateTg i understand what you meant.Thanks.

But can't solve that : e ^ [ 2 / n . ln ( 5^n + 7.8^n ) ]

What should i do e ^ ( fx . gx ) now ?

Well the limit of the exponent is the exponent of the limit, but you're better off using shmoe's technique.

The first thing that jumps into my head is that the limit, if you remove the 5^n, is simply 7.8^(n*2/n) = 60.84. So, since we've ignored adding 5^n before rooting, the answer must be at least 60.84.

There's only one answer that satisfies that, clearly demonstrating why I love multiple choice tests so much.

Last edited:
I think that's supposed to be 7*8^n, otherwise none of the choices are correct.

n's going to infinity right? Easy way is piecewise. 7*8^n >> 5^n as n => infinity, so that term can be neglected (basically same is dividing out the 7*8^n, just slightly quicker and less rigorous). You get 7^(2/n)*(8^n)^(2/n) => 8^2 = 64.

I don't understand the question...I don't see any lim (x->something)

Do you mean maximum value? or the limit as x approaches infinity?

(5^2n + 5^n * 14 * 8^n + 49 * 8 ^2n) under a n-th radical...

I won't lie i don't know but my TI-84 does :D

Last edited:

1. What factors contribute to the burst of colorful spring flowers?

The burst of colorful spring flowers is primarily caused by the change in temperature and length of daylight. As the weather warms up and the days become longer, this signals to the flowers that it is time to bloom. Other factors such as soil conditions, moisture, and nutrients also play a role in the timing and intensity of the burst of flowers.

2. Why do some flowers bloom earlier than others in the spring?

Different species of flowers have varying levels of sensitivity to temperature and daylight. Some flowers are more cold tolerant and can bloom earlier in the season, while others require warmer temperatures to bloom. Additionally, certain flowers may have adapted to bloom earlier in order to attract pollinators before other plants start blooming.

3. How do flowers produce different colors?

Flowers produce different colors through the pigments found in their petals. These pigments, such as chlorophyll, carotenoids, and anthocyanins, absorb and reflect different wavelengths of light, resulting in the range of colors we see in flowers. Some flowers also have the ability to change color in response to environmental factors, such as pH levels in the soil.

4. What is the purpose of the burst of colorful spring flowers?

The main purpose of the burst of colorful spring flowers is for reproduction. The bright colors and pleasant scents of the flowers attract pollinators, such as bees and butterflies, which help to transfer pollen between flowers and facilitate fertilization. The burst of flowers also brings beauty and joy to humans and serves as a sign of the changing seasons.

5. How can we ensure the continuation of the burst of colorful spring flowers?

To ensure the continuation of the burst of colorful spring flowers, it is important to preserve and protect the natural habitats where these flowers grow. This includes avoiding the use of harmful pesticides and promoting sustainable gardening practices. It is also important to educate ourselves and others about the importance of pollinators and how we can support their populations. By working together, we can help ensure the continuation of the beautiful burst of spring flowers for generations to come.