Application for drawing Feynman diagrams

In summary, the conversation is about seeking a software to easily draw Feynman diagrams. Several options have been mentioned, including FeynMF, FeynmanDraw, and FeynDiagram, but the best one seems to be FeynMF, although it is not a Windows application. The conversation also mentions the use of Jaxodraw, Axodraw, Mathematica, and ROOT for drawing Feynman diagrams. However, the person asking the question does not want to use Photoshop or Paintshop.
evgkr
Hi,
I'm seeking for a software, witch will alow me to easily draw Feynman diagrams.
I have currently found:

FeynMF: LaTeX package. Not very nice to use, but very good quality diagrams
FeynmanDraw: Very primitive WIN software. Not fine diagrams.
FeynDiagram: C++ source for drawing. Complicated and not so fine diagrams.

Meanwhile the best is FeynMF, althouth it is NOT a WIN application.

Isn't it any good WIN application for frawing fine Feynman diagrams ?

(Please, do not mention Photoshop, Paintshop and etc.)

Physics news on Phys.org
you can use jaxodraw which is a win application for drawing feynman diagrams.
before using that u shoud have installed javaruntime on your system.
http://jaxodraw.sourceforge.net/download/pkgs/jaxodraw-2.0-1_bin.tar.gz" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
6 years old thread :)

Now it's up again, I'm also quite curious: are there decent, easy-to-use Feynman diagram applications for LaTeX?

haushofer said:
Now it's up again, I'm also quite curious: are there decent, easy-to-use Feynman diagram applications for LaTeX?

just try the axodraw package http://www.nikhef.nl/~t68/axodraw/

this is what jaxodraw is based on!

If you have mathematica, you can use FeynArts

If you have ROOT, there is such class which you can use

1. How do I create a Feynman diagram using the application?

The application for drawing Feynman diagrams will have a user-friendly interface with tools and options to help you create your diagram. Simply open the application and follow the instructions or tutorials provided to get started.

2. Is the application compatible with all operating systems?

The compatibility of the application will depend on the specific software requirements and compatibility of your operating system. Make sure to check the system requirements before downloading the application.

3. Are there any limitations to the diagrams that can be created using the application?

The application will have the ability to create a wide range of Feynman diagrams, but there may be some limitations depending on the complexity of the diagram and the capabilities of the application. It is important to check the features and limitations of the application before use.

4. Can I save and export my diagrams from the application?

Typically, the application will have a save and export feature that allows you to save your diagrams in various formats such as JPEG, PNG, or PDF. This will allow you to share or use your diagrams in other documents or presentations.

5. Can I collaborate with others on a Feynman diagram using the application?

Some applications may have a collaboration feature that allows multiple users to work on the same diagram simultaneously. This can be helpful for group projects or when working with colleagues.