I'm wondering, how many people would have a problem dating someone like this?

• Thread starter user299792458
  • Start date
In summary, the survey is asking whether people have had similar experiences before, and whether the results will be the same on ImageCraze. The survey is asking questions about safe systems of work, and employees' responsibilities. The survey is also asking about dating and relationships.

Would you have a problem with this?

• You wouldn't date her because of THAT

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • You wouldn't care about THAT

Votes: 66 89.2%
  • You PREFER people like that

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters
user299792458
This is basically just a survey, I'm not trying to make fun of anyone here. I've done these surveys on some other forums, and I'm wondering whether the results will be about the same here. If this is considered an innappropriate question here, please forgive me.

http://www.imagecraze.com/uploads/40653_.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Why did you choose 2's and 9's? They seem so far apart, did you use both hands? Wouldn't 2323111223 be easier?

And no I would not, anyone who still uses a cassette player is obviously not technologically advanced enough for my tastes.

Definitely but then we have COSHH and HASAW acts. So this is pretty much what we have to do by law.

COSHH

http://www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/

HASAW

http://www.dmccormick.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/coursecontent/02/2_03.htm

Employers have a responsibility to their employees to provide them with a safe, healthy place for them to work in, and safe systems of work to enable them to do their jobs safely. This includes the provision of information and training. Employees in turn must:

* Take reasonable care to preserve the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by anything that they do or fail to do whilst at work
* Co-operate with their employer in the operation of any safety systems and equipment put in place to comply with legislation
* Report immediately to a responsible person any hazardous situation they may come across
* Not remove or interfere with any safety equipment or device put in place to comply with legislation

This applies equally to employees in their own workplace and to visiting and temporary workers.

:smile: and she's fit anyway:biggrin: :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats that movie about the guy who is dating the girl whose prosthetic leg is constantly falling off? lol

btw I voted that I wouldn't mind, of course. :P, the prosthetic leg wouldn't matter at all. Although I probably would have to buy her an ipod.

Last edited:
I would hot have a problem dating Candace or any other woman amputee, on the basis of being an amputee. It is irrelevant.

What counts is the inner person.

Astronuc said:
What counts is the inner person.
:approve:

But in my opinion, this person is good looking as well :smile:
Her good-lookingness is a bias to your test :wink:

humanino said:
Candace is certainly an attractive woman.

However, I've known a lot of attractive women, but I wouldn't date them.

But for me, it's an academic exercise. I've been married to the same woman for nearly 25 yrs, or 26 years if one counts the year we lived together as time and opportunity would permit.

humanino said:
:approve:

Agreed but if she gave me the nod I wouldn't be one to turn her down for a date, call me shallow or call me human? your choice :smile:

Dating and relationships are not the same thing, a date is a reconnaissance mission.

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
Dating and relationships are not the same thing, a date is a reconnaissance mission.
This subtelty is way above my head, I don't understand ! :redface: Can you be more explicit please ?

A date is a brief encounter in which one has the opportunity to learn about the other person. One can engage in successive dates with the same person and can develop into a relationship. A relationship is an evolutionary process.

Schrodinger's Dog said:

I now have new advice for my friends :biggrin:Back to the OP. I would have no problem in dating someone like her.

humanino said:
This subtelty is way above my head, I don't understand ! :redface: Can you be more explicit please ?

A relationship is something more than a reconnaissance mission IMHO.

Astronuc said:
A date is a brief encounter in which one has the opportunity to learn about the other person. One can engage in successive dates with the same person and can develop into a relationship. A relationship is an evolutionary process.
Thank you Astronuc. :smile:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
A relationship is something more than a reconnaissance mission IMHO.
The part I really did not get is exactly the "reconnaissance mission" thing. But after browsing google, I realize that my problem only came from a similar wording in french. Sorry for my stupidity :redface:

Nope, couldn't do it...I don't date women. And I'm not really into people who are really crazy about things like sports either, and she looks like she's one of those people who's really into sports, too.

A prosthetic leg is pretty uncontroversial. A much more telling question would be to ask who would date a girl who had her breasts amputated. (I wouldn't mind, personality is where it's at, well to a point, if she looked like a gremlin I'd probably not.)

verty said:
A prosthetic leg is pretty uncontroversial. A much more telling question would be to ask who would date a girl who had her breasts amputated. (I wouldn't mind, personality is where it's at, well to a point, if she looked like a gremlin I'd probably not.)

Chicks can get their breasts amputated

I've heard of at-risk women having the procedure in the interest of future health. I don't know how prevalent it is though, nor do I know whether or to what degree it is effective.

From Astronuc's article:

Another reason for performing a mastectomy is when a breast contains widespread ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). DCIS is a pre-cancerous condition, and has the potential to become invasive cancer if left in place. It is typically discovered when a suspicious mammogram alerts your doctor to perform a biopsy.

No problem here. She's hot enough to turn my head, though that says nothing about who she is as a person.

(BTW, I would bet money that her attractiveness factored into her getting the spot. i.e. we're reacting exactly as expected.)

I'd feel pretty privelaged to have a person like this date me. By the way, what the hell is the point in this?

dontdisturbmycircles said:
Whats that movie about the guy who is dating the girl whose prosthetic leg is constantly falling off? lol

btw I voted that I wouldn't mind, of course. :P, the prosthetic leg wouldn't matter at all. Although I probably would have to buy her an ipod.

I don't know about a movie, but there's a story about a woman with a wooden leg: Good Country People.

Kurdt said:
I'd feel pretty privelaged to have a person like this date me. By the way, what the hell is the point in this?

The OP says its for a survey.

A complete mastectomy is now only routinely performed in adanced cases of breast cancer. In early stages, a lumpectomy is becoming an increasingly popular option. Also, in the case of mastectomy, a flap of skin and the nipple is often left so that reconstructive surgery may be performed at a later date. The nipple is grafted onto the lower abdomen. In some cases a new nipple is created and the areola is "tatooed" on. Plastic surgery is amazing.

As for the OP, I would not have a problem with an amputee or someone confined to a wheelchair. My first boyfriend had been crippled in a motorcycle accident a year before I met him although he was able to move about in moderation, it wasn't until a few years later that his condition deteriorated to the point that he could no longer walk. He had such a great personality that he always had women chasing after him.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Nope, couldn't do it...I don't date women. And I'm not really into people who are really crazy about things like sports either, and she looks like she's one of those people who's really into sports, too.
:rofl:

The big question is: Maybe some of you HAVE been on a date with someone who had an artificial leg and they just didn't tell you?

Her prosthetic leg doesn't put me off. It's her slightly large chin that'd count against her if she asked me out.

If she was a lil cutie with a prosthetic leg then I'd be all for it.

sure. assuming she wasn't a jerk. I value the inside(possibly because I am "ugly"(by the typical societal definition, meaning if you don't have a 6 pack and a tan and clear skin then your ugly)

rock4christ said:
(by the typical societal definition, meaning if you don't have a 6 pack and a tan and clear skin then your ugly)

Gee, there sure are a lot of "ugly" people around then. :rolleyes:

I certainly think the carbon fibre is less repellent than an earlier type prosthetic. Will anyone see a problem whatsoever, if technology comes up with superhuman robotic prosthetics? Actually it may even be more desirable than flesh and blood limbs, yeah?

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
That clip had jerry springer written all over it.
I don't own a TV, and I never have. I recalled reading something about the contest, and figured it might be germaine, since people were discussing the woman in the photo's overall attractiveness.

I think reading about Stern's antics is probably more amusing than actually watching them. Looking for a clean text-only link, I found references to other gags. Example: the concept of a Robospanker is amusing, but I imagine it'd be rather banal to watch. The cognitive dissonance on that one is good for perhaps five seconds of humor.

twisting_edge said:
I think reading about Stern's antics is probably more amusing than actually watching them. Looking for a clean text-only link, I found references to other gags. Example: the concept of a Robospanker is amusing, but I imagine it'd be rather banal to watch. The cognitive dissonance on that one is good for perhaps five seconds of humor.
I must admit, I don't find Stern amusing. A friend watches the program at home and listens to the radio on the way to work. I caught some it when we road together. It bewilders me that people find Stern's program entertaining.

rock4christ said:
sure. assuming she wasn't a jerk. I value the inside(possibly because I am "ugly"(by the typical societal definition, meaning if you don't have a 6 pack and a tan and clear skin then your ugly)
After watching MTV, I thought those things made you "Jersey" - which I took to mean a form of insult handed out by New Yorkers :biggrin: :tongue:

The prosthetic used in the picture was on purpose to shock young people to think about safety. Many prosthetics look like the real thing but some do not.
However, this is a most beautiful woman, with or without her leg, and with or without a realist looking prosthetic. From elsewhere, it obvious she is also very intelligent. If compatible and if I met everything she was seeking in man, I would be delighted to have the privilege of dating and marrying her.

Gentleman said:
The prosthetic used in the picture was on purpose to shock young people to think about safety. Many prosthetics look like the real thing but some do not.
However, this is a most beautiful woman, with or without her leg, and with or without a realist looking prosthetic. From elsewhere, it obvious she is also very intelligent. If compatible and if I met everything she was seeking in man, I would be delighted to have the privilege of dating and marrying her.

Actually a modern fully functional prosthesis looks exactly like the one in the picture. A prosthesis that is manufactured for cosmetic purposes is mostly passive and will not function any better than a peg leg. Regardless she is truly a beautiful young woman.

Last edited: