Easy Question- cant seem to get it

• Thread starter spacemanrussell
  • Start date
In summary, an "Easy Question" is a simple or basic question that can be difficult to answer due to a lack of understanding or knowledge, misinterpretation, or difficulty in applying information. The level of difficulty is subjective and may vary for individuals. To improve in answering "Easy Questions," one can expand their knowledge, practice, seek help, and engage in critical thinking and problem-solving.
spacemanrussell

Homework Statement

What is the magnetic field amplitude of an electromagnetic wave whose electric field amplitude is 100V/m?

Homework Equations

Eo=Bo*c

The Attempt at a Solution

100/(3*10^8) = .0000003

Mastering physics says this is wrong though ^^

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
spacemanrussell said:

Homework Statement

What is the magnetic field amplitude of an electromagnetic wave whose electric field amplitude is 100V/m?

Homework Equations

Eo=Bo*c

The Attempt at a Solution

100/(3*10^8)

That looks fine to me. Now express this as a decimal.

I would like to clarify that the equation Eo=Bo*c is not applicable in this situation. This equation is used to calculate the relationship between the electric field amplitude (Eo) and the magnetic field amplitude (Bo) in a vacuum. In this case, we are given only the electric field amplitude and are asked to find the magnetic field amplitude.

To solve this problem, we can use the equation E=Bc, where E is the electric field amplitude, B is the magnetic field amplitude, and c is the speed of light. Therefore, the magnetic field amplitude (B) is equal to E/c, which in this case is equal to 100V/m divided by the speed of light (3*10^8 m/s). This gives us a value of 3.33*10^-10 Tesla (T) for the magnetic field amplitude.

It is important to note that this calculation assumes that the electromagnetic wave is propagating through a vacuum. If the wave is propagating through a medium with a different refractive index, the magnetic field amplitude may be different. I hope this helps to clarify any confusion.

1. What is an "Easy Question" and why can't I seem to get it?

An "Easy Question" is a term used to describe a question that is simple or basic in nature. However, not being able to get it can be due to a variety of reasons, such as a lack of understanding or knowledge on the topic, misinterpretation of the question, or difficulty in applying the information.

2. How do I know if a question is considered "Easy" or not?

The level of difficulty of a question is subjective and can vary depending on the individual's level of understanding and knowledge. However, a question can be considered "Easy" if it covers basic concepts or information that is commonly known or easily accessible.

3. What should I do if I am struggling with an "Easy Question"?

If you are struggling with an "Easy Question," it is important to take a step back and assess why you are having trouble with it. Are you lacking knowledge or understanding in a specific area? Are you misinterpreting the question? Once you identify the issue, you can then work on finding a solution, such as studying the topic more in-depth or seeking clarification from someone knowledgeable in the subject.

4. Is it normal to struggle with an "Easy Question"?

Yes, it is entirely normal to struggle with an "Easy Question." As mentioned before, the level of difficulty is subjective, and what may be considered easy for one person may not be for another. Additionally, everyone has different levels of knowledge and understanding, so it is natural to find certain questions more challenging than others.

5. How can I improve my ability to answer "Easy Questions"?

The best way to improve your ability to answer "Easy Questions" is to continuously expand your knowledge and understanding of the subject matter. This can be done through studying, practicing, and seeking help from experts or peers. Additionally, actively engaging in critical thinking and problem-solving can also help you develop the skills needed to answer questions more effectively.