Is Nova featuring the silkscreened higher efficiency process for solar panels?

• Thread starter rewebster
  • Start date
In summary, Nova is airing a re-broadcast of 'Solar-saved by the Sun' tonight. There may be confusion with another show, 'Wired Science', which has also covered similar topics. Tonight's episode is 'Newton's Dark Secrets' and in some areas it will be about making Samuri swords. Nova Science Now is premiering their first episode of the year, focusing on Dark Matter. The current program is discussing fossils and the effects of con-trails on temperature.
rewebster
Nova --pbs

Nova is showing a re-broadcast of 'Solar-saved by the Sun' tonight--

I can't remember if this is where they show the silkscreened higher efficiency process and panels--that may have been on 'Wired Science'.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sure looks like you're talking about the right program--Here's a link for the episode's website:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/solar/

(I think Wired has also done a few shows on similar topics, though)

There showing 'Newton's Dark Secrets' on NOVA tonight

(at least in my area)

Tonight (around here) is that episode about making Samuri swords. Someone else (I think I remember who) mentioned this one in one other thread.

Nova Science Now is on tonight (first this year) and is going to go into Dark Matter!

Tonight:

"Dimming the Sun"

an extra-oridinary observation of the effects of con-trails on the temps, etc.

Nova Science Now has a part on fossils --right now on the TV--or really becoming fossils

Last edited:

What is Nova-pbs?

Nova-pbs is a science documentary series produced by the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) in the United States. It explores various scientific topics and discoveries through in-depth investigations and interviews with experts.

How long has Nova-pbs been on air?

Nova-pbs first premiered in March 1974, making it one of the longest-running science series on television.

Who hosts Nova-pbs?

The series has had various hosts throughout its run, including Peter Graves, Jay Ingram, and more recently, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Can I watch Nova-pbs online?

Yes, episodes of Nova-pbs can be streamed on the PBS website, as well as through various streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.

Is Nova-pbs suitable for children?

While Nova-pbs covers a wide range of scientific topics, some episodes may contain mature content or complex concepts that may not be suitable for young children. It is recommended that parents preview episodes before allowing their children to watch.