What does this eye contact signal mean?

In summary: As long as is required...Galileo, do you briefly lock eyes and then glance away or do you continue to stare into her eyes.
Kurdt said:
Its no wonder you never get any of the nerds you fancy. :tongue:
Yeah, but they don't hang out in bars.

A reason why I don't hunt at bars anymore. I hunt online. :devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
No because the woman is the leading figure when it comes to the "invitation to the act of love". So therefore, she must be given the necesary means to "open the games". that's why she is not desperate. She is just playing her natural part in the complicated jungle of human interactions.

marlon

Wow, seriously? In my opinion it's totally the other way around.
Men court, women choose.
In almost every society, it's up to the man to openly express his desires and display vulnerability first.
In my experience, if a women thinks a guy is cute, she will not move up to him and
say what she thinks openly. She will subtly send body language cues (which most guys are oblivious to), trying to say: "Get over here and seduce me".
And this makes sense to me naturally. There has always been much more at stake for a
woman than a man in this game because of sex. A short but exciting experience for the man,
nine months of pregnancy and children for the woman. She can't afford to express her desires too directly. That's why men court, and women will check you out and assess you for your honesty to make sure you are reliable and not just trying to get into her pants.

marlon said:
A confident man KNOWS that the woman will follow her natural impulses and therefore he doesn't NEED to approach her.

If he does needs to talk first, it means he is UNABLE to "arouse" the woman's natural instincts...

marlon
In a bar, where a woman has at least 20 guys vying for her attention, a woman does not have to do anything but smile to get a man. If he doesn't move, he loses.

Galileo said:
Wow, seriously? In my opinion it's totally the other way around.
Men court, women choose.
In almost every society, it's up to the man to openly express his desires and display vulnerability first.
In my experience, if a women thinks a guy is cute, she will not move up to him and
say what she thinks openly. She will subtly send body language cues (which most guys are oblivious to), trying to say: "Get over here and seduce me".
And this makes sense to me naturally. There has always been much more at stake for a
woman than a man in this game because of sex. A short but exciting experience for the man,
nine months of pregnancy and children for the woman. She can't afford to express her desires too directly. That's why men court, and women will check you out and assess you for your honesty to make sure you are reliable and not just trying to get into her pants.
Yes, most woman will give a man the "ok" to approach if she is interested. In a sense, women have more power at this stage. But inside she's thinking, "oooh, he's cute". Men just need to be able to pick up on the cues they are getting. Of course, this is just a shallow physical attraction. When the guy comes over and starts talking, then you realize why he was standing all alone in the corner.

Evo said:
In a bar, where a woman has at least 20 guys vying for her attention, a woman does not have to do anything but smile to get a man. If he doesn't move, he loses.

No, because the woman will be curious to find out why this one guy is not throwing himself at her feet.

Also, one can be pretty sure -statistically speaking- that 95 % of the guys that DO approach her will come back from an empty trip.

It's all about self respect and making things happen by emitting that typical cool male EM radiation that arouses true women

I never had to throw myself at any woman's feet not even at the ones of my current gf...
All the rest --> is just crap for pittyful people
marlon

marlon said:
No, because the woman will be curious to find out why this one guy is not throwing himself at her feet.
Nope. A secure woman will not give him a second thought, she will look at the next guy. An insecure woman that can't deal with rejection might think about it, but do you want an obsessive, insecure woman?

Also, one can be pretty sure -statistically speaking- that 95 % of the guys that DO approach her will come back from an empty trip.
It all depends on what comes out of their mouth.

It's all about self respect and making things happen by emitting that typical cool male EM radiation that arouses true women
Nope. It may arouse desperate women though.

beautiful people really don't have to try. the most sexually aggressive women I've known were fat and unattractive. and the most sexually aggressive men tend to be total douchebags.

Proton Soup said:
beautiful people really don't have to try.
My point exactly

marlon

Evo said:
Nope. A secure woman will not give him a second thought, she will look at the next guy. An insecure woman that can't deal with rejection might think about it, but do you want an obsessive, insecure woman?

It all depends on what comes out of their mouth.

Nope. It may arouse desperate women though.

I get the feeling you are just saying NOPE to everything that i say.

I feel insecure now

marlon

Proton Soup said:
the most sexually aggressive men tend to be total douchebags.

I'm not sexually aggressive.

WarPhalange said:
I'm not sexually aggressive.

that's great

so are you a douchebag by any chance ?

marlon

marlon said:
:rofl:

She's only going to pick one of them, but the one who never approaches completely eliminates himself from the pool.

:rofl:

I never had to throw myself at any woman's feet not even at the ones of my current gf...
All the rest --> is just crap for pittyful people
marlon

Big difference between throwing yourself at her feet and walking up and talking to her. Throwing yourself at her feet is what the loser that Evo rejected did with that cheesy, conceited, self-serving line.

A woman might make the first move, but that can be as simple as eye contact across the room that issues the invitation to approach. Then the ball is in the guy's court to act on that invitation.

marlon said:
that's great

so are you a douchebag by any chance ?

marlon

Way above your head, huh? It's okay, women love more than just humor.

If a girl stared at me like that, I would be freaked out.

Evo said:
Yeah, but they don't hang out in bars.

A reason why I don't hunt at bars anymore. I hunt online. :devil:

I can never go online to hunt. Never ever ever ever ever.

I don't understand why guys chase girls all the time. My buddy was doing it and I flipped out on him once about it, and he stopped. Then he noticed it's so much better.

One time, I went to a small bar that's decently busy. Of course, first thing I do is look for the prettiest girl. So I did that. Then eventually we talked, had fun, danced, and then she wanted to hang out again. I was like... "For sure. I'll talk to you later. I'm going to go chill with my friends." My buddy that said I was dumb for not getting her number first... 5 minutes into our conversation, she came to find me, gave me her number, and left.

Don't chase girls. Never ever ever ever ever.

Or the one time a girl said (after a night) she said we probably won't see each other again (sex but said to her only friends, she gave me the "what are we"), and my buddy was like, you blew it she won't talk to you again. The next day, completely ignored what she said, and was like... let's hang out tomorrow night and go dancing together. Her response... her cellphone number and she told me to call her at work so she can come right over. (We had a plan meet with home number previously.) Just go with it.

Note: I'm actually kind of chasing one, but she's also chasing me. That's kind of fun.

Last edited:
JasonRox said:
I can never go online to hunt. Never ever ever ever ever.

Wait, isn't that the plot of that horror movie http://video.aol.com/video/stay-alive-trailer/1478114"? http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/lol.gif [Broken] "If I die on MatchMaker.com, I'll die in real life!"

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is hilarious. A bunch of insecure nerdy guys overanalyzing whatever insignificant eye contact a woman throws at them? When did your testicular fortitude shrink so much as to invert into an organ from the opposite gender's collection?

Seriously. A man should be an oasis in the desert, self-absorbed, giver of sustenance to a hungry woman. A man takes without asking and let's his hairy chest vent on occasion, because he can. A man is not bound by constraints of petty cultural cliches. If you want to burp, you burp and make it into a roar in the jungle of humanity. Meaning of life is pleasure. Be an epicurean. Enjoy the finest wine, laugh the longest, eat the most delicious food and pick the most gorgeous women. Don't sit there thinking "oh, what if she rejects me". Laugh it off and move on to the next one. Grow some cojones, muchacho.

*ROAR*

by which i mean *BURP*

JasonRox said:
I don't understand why guys chase girls all the time. My buddy was doing it and I flipped out on him once about it, and he stopped. Then he noticed it's so much better.

One time, I went to a small bar that's decently busy. Of course, first thing I do is look for the prettiest girl. So I did that. Then eventually we talked, had fun, danced, and then she wanted to hang out again. I was like... "For sure. I'll talk to you later. I'm going to go chill with my friends." My buddy that said I was dumb for not getting her number first... 5 minutes into our conversation, she came to find me, gave me her number, and left.

Don't chase girls. Never ever ever ever ever.

You can't just stand around looking good and expect to girls to walk up to you. How would you define chasing a woman? From what you said, you too look for the prettiest girl, approach her to get to know her because you find her physically attractive.
But, as we all know, they seek for confidence. If chase her in a way showing that you're desperate for her, that's a turn-off.
By not asking for her number, you showed you weren't needy. In my opinion, you COULD've asked for the girls number with the same result. You CAN tell a confident woman she is beautiful and lovely right off the bat, but it depends on why and how you say it. Do you say it because you want her to like you (in a desperate way), or simply because you are expressing what you think of her (in a light-hearted, smiling manner). It doesn't mean you have made up your mind on whether you like her, but that she is attractive enough for you approach her.

You know what the real secret is? Axe Body Spray. Seriously, the women throw themselves at you. Just don't stand too close to the edge of a cliff, or if the women miss you they'll go flying off it.

<h2>1. What does it mean when someone avoids eye contact?</h2><p>Avoiding eye contact can indicate discomfort, shyness, or lack of interest. It can also be a sign of deception or dishonesty.</p><h2>2. Is prolonged eye contact a sign of attraction?</h2><p>Prolonged eye contact can be a sign of attraction, but it can also indicate aggression or dominance. It is important to consider other body language cues and the context of the situation.</p><h2>3. What does it mean when someone maintains steady eye contact?</h2><p>Maintaining steady eye contact can indicate confidence, honesty, and interest in the conversation or person. However, it is important to also consider cultural norms and personal preferences.</p><h2>4. Does breaking eye contact mean someone is lying?</h2><p>Breaking eye contact can be a sign of discomfort or anxiety, but it does not necessarily mean someone is lying. It is important to look for other verbal and nonverbal cues to determine if someone is being dishonest.</p><h2>5. What does it mean when someone looks down while making eye contact?</h2><p>Looking down while making eye contact can indicate submission or embarrassment. It can also be a sign of respect in some cultures. However, if someone is avoiding eye contact altogether, it may indicate deception or discomfort.</p>

1. What does it mean when someone avoids eye contact?

Avoiding eye contact can indicate discomfort, shyness, or lack of interest. It can also be a sign of deception or dishonesty.

2. Is prolonged eye contact a sign of attraction?

Prolonged eye contact can be a sign of attraction, but it can also indicate aggression or dominance. It is important to consider other body language cues and the context of the situation.

3. What does it mean when someone maintains steady eye contact?

Maintaining steady eye contact can indicate confidence, honesty, and interest in the conversation or person. However, it is important to also consider cultural norms and personal preferences.

4. Does breaking eye contact mean someone is lying?

Breaking eye contact can be a sign of discomfort or anxiety, but it does not necessarily mean someone is lying. It is important to look for other verbal and nonverbal cues to determine if someone is being dishonest.

5. What does it mean when someone looks down while making eye contact?

Looking down while making eye contact can indicate submission or embarrassment. It can also be a sign of respect in some cultures. However, if someone is avoiding eye contact altogether, it may indicate deception or discomfort.